Profile for A. Stevenson > Reviews

Content by A. Stevenson

A. Stevenson (Hong Kong)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars such a disappointment, 2 July 2013
I love Fitflop products. I have a problem with my balance and walking generally, after a problem operation on my foot. It was such a disappointment, therefore, when the shoes arrived. They look fantastic but the toe area is way too narrow and the backs so hard, they are painful to walk in. As always with the Fitflop products, my balance when walking is great but I'm afraid that each step is way too painful. I've resorted to soaking and bashing the shoes with a hammer...until they stretch and soften up, I won't be going anywhere in them.

Endeavour - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Endeavour - The Complete First Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Morse is back., 3 Jun. 2013
Whilst John Thaw is impossible to replace, this series captures the feel of the original brilliantly. The music, beautiful Oxford and Shaun Evans' wonderful portrayal of the tortured Morse all come together in 4 great stories to make for really enjoyable television. There has been so much attention to detail, with links to the old series all over the place - Strange, Max, the origin of Morse's limp....I absolutely loved this and really hope there is more to come.

Sicily Unpacked [DVD]
Sicily Unpacked [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Kendrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Food, fun, art and culture, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sicily Unpacked [DVD] (DVD)
These 2 just crack me up. They obviously enjoy each other's company, love Sicily and really get you into it with them, as they travel the island and introduce you to each other's favourite things. I'm off there soon and only hope I will be able to capture some of the flavours and fun they've introduced the viewers to.

The First Grader [DVD]
The First Grader [DVD]
Dvd ~ Naomie Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully filmed and it grabs you from the start, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The First Grader [DVD] (DVD)
Disturbing and upsetting in parts but a beautifully told real-life story with a lovely ending. I saw it at the cinema and loved it and have also shown in to some of my students - they were all affected by it.

Dream House (+ UV Digital Copy) [DVD] [2011]
Dream House (+ UV Digital Copy) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars what's going on?, 5 Jan. 2013
Not sure how I'd categorise this film. I am a fan of all the actors and certainly, nothing wrong with the acting. However, the story was so strange and a bit too clever for me. Horror, thriller, mystery......it did get better once I knew what was going on but perhaps it's one for television only.

Haven - Season 2 [DVD]
Haven - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emily Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, bizarre and all so enjoyable., 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Haven - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Some very bizarre storylines (how do they think them up?) but all entertaining. Love all the characters and enjoyed every single episode in this series....can't wait 'til I can get hold of the next.

Shallow Grave Special Edition [DVD]
Shallow Grave Special Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kerry Fox

5.0 out of 5 stars clever, thrilling and fun, 5 Sept. 2009
It's been 10 years since I saw this and I thought I'd be disappointed. Absolutely not.
It's creepy, clever and will keep you gripped 'til the unexpected end. All the 3 main actors, whilst not necessarily likeable, are fantastic in their roles.

Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006]
Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars British and brilliant, 1 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Starter For 10 [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
James McAvoy in yet another wonderful film: I haven't seen him anything that I haven't liked yet. You just want him to do well, even in those cringe-worthy moments. The music is a great background to the wonderful '80s and the whole cast are wonderful. It's just fun from start to finish.

The Story of India with Michael Wood: Complete BBC Series [DVD]
The Story of India with Michael Wood: Complete BBC Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Wood does it again!, 28 Feb. 2009
Along with David Attenborough,Michael Wood's name stands for quality documentaries which present old and new themes in such an original way. Always enthusiastic and empathetic about all of his subjects, he gets the viewer wrapped up in every aspect of his journeys. This is India from all angles: what a wonderful, rich and colorful adventure!