Profile for Mr. N. N. Edwards > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. N. Edwards

Mr. N. N. Edwards "Kreme" (Chelmsford, Essex)

SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the money!, 13 Nov 2012
What a bargain, this has clearer sound than similar speakers costing 4-6 times the price!

Comparing this with the Damson Cisor ( which retails for around 70 here on Amazon), I was well surprised. I actually prefer this as it hits the highs much better!

The Cisor has loads & loads of bass & is maybe the better looking device, but this wins it!

Strictly Rhythm Est. 1989 - 20 Years Remixed
Strictly Rhythm Est. 1989 - 20 Years Remixed
Price: 15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Remixed? More like remade completely., 27 Mar 2010
Well, what can I say? Maybe I'm an old fart, but these remixes are pretty damn awful; Unless you don't actually like the original old skool versions!
Each track is almost completely different from the original, with just a trace of the old DNA here & there, mostly just with a pounding beat and minimal actual, soulful, funky music. They all just sounded pretty bare to me. Very modern I'm sure, but basic and lacking the warm vibe I expected. Think I'll go back to my 12" vinyl's!

Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview
Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget LCD, Plasma's still the best!, 18 Oct 2009
Recieved this yesterday and was instantly satisfied. I've owned 3 Panasonic LCD tv's over the last few years and this beats them all!
Much better SD performance when watching sky or freeview, much better performance watching movies and much smoother picture when playing games on my Xbox360 or PS3.
I bought a 1080p tv from Amazon last year and returned it after finding the SD performance well short of a 720p HD Ready tv. This tv is a great all rounder and although it can't quite match a 1080p tv when watching Blu Ray's or Sky HD, it does perform better for everything else.
Until videogames are are mostly 1080p and we're all watching everything on tv in full HD, this is the best tv you can buy at 37" in size. And it's a bargain too...Don't believe the 1080p LCD hype and try a plasma!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2009 6:57 PM BST

Friendly Fires
Friendly Fires
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I have some more please?!, 13 Oct 2009
This review is from: Friendly Fires (MP3 Download)
Not an awful lot to add to the other reviews here on amazon, but as real music lover, I have to say this album is superb! I would have given it 4 stars, but now I've listened to it for a couple of weeks it's really 'grown on me'.

Well worth getting the extended version for the re-mixes which are equally good! Turn it up and listen up.

Absolutely love Skeleton boy and it's re-mix.

I pity those in the minority who either 'don't get it' or simply haven't given it time...

Reggae Anthology Channel One Story
Reggae Anthology Channel One Story
Price: 13.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 4 Jan 2008
Fantastic album and a must buy if you like reggae/dub!

Some classic tunes and a few you might not have even heard before, check it...

Hardcore Beats Vol.2: Mixed By Ed209 & Ollywood
Hardcore Beats Vol.2: Mixed By Ed209 & Ollywood
Offered by Liberty-Star
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore Beats 2, 31 Dec 2006
I suppose this album really deserves 4.5 stars, but rest assured, some of the tracks are simply awesome, the rest of really good! There's even a few tunes either remixing or reinventing classic hardcore tunes from around '91-'92.

Overall a great listen that really encourages you to turn up the volume! Mc Fearless not overdoing it and in places superb. If you're into old skool, nu skool, drum & bass or just just good dance music, you don't wanna be without this cd!