Profile for Mrs. D. James > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. James

Mrs. D. James (Devon, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Flying Cats and Flip Flops. Surviving a Notorious African Prison
Flying Cats and Flip Flops. Surviving a Notorious African Prison

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating and true story, 23 Nov. 2013
An interesting tale of an ordinary guy who followed a dream and didn't get bitter when it went wrong. There are ups and downs and no sugar coating of the African prison experience. Captivating and easy to read I didn't want to put it down.

Ultimate Handmade Personalised Glasses (Ultimate Personalised Beer Glass)
Ultimate Handmade Personalised Glasses (Ultimate Personalised Beer Glass)
Offered by Chic Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift idea, 3 Oct. 2013
This makes a lovely but practical gift. I gave it to my husband who has just started trying different beers, he tells me it does the trick. The glass is easy to hold without your hand warming up the beer. A very quick personalisation service too.

Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta
Bobble BPA-Free 550 ml Water Bottle, Magenta

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful item, 12 Aug. 2013
I use mine at work to make sure I drink enough water. It's done the trick and got me into a good habit. My husband has one too and he's using his, particularly good for him as he rarely has hot drinks. Great product.

PLANET DOG - ORBEE-TUFF ORBEE - SMALL - GLOW/ORANGE - MINTY FLAVOURED - DOG TOY
PLANET DOG - ORBEE-TUFF ORBEE - SMALL - GLOW/ORANGE - MINTY FLAVOURED - DOG TOY
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable dog toy, 12 Aug. 2013
One of my dogs favourite toys, it's hollow and has holes either end so it whistles a little when you throw it. My dog likes to mouth/chew it before she lets it go for the next throw. The glo in the dark part is a novelty. I did have one previously and whilst the ball is durable and tough leaving my dog alone with it for 45 minutes meant she'd managed to reduce it to a few large pieces. It was my fault for leaving her with the ball and is not a reflection on the quality of the ball.

Rexel Alpha Shredder Cross Cut with Easy-Empty Bin Facility
Rexel Alpha Shredder Cross Cut with Easy-Empty Bin Facility

5.0 out of 5 stars Rexel wins, 6 July 2013
I didn't want to buy any old shredder on the cheap but also couldn't see the point in spending too much when it's just for light domestic use. If you do as instructed regarding the amount of paper inserted there shouldn't be any problems and I found it did a great job at shredding my credit card! Got this one on a special deal and am very pleased with it.

Adesign Smart Ball
Adesign Smart Ball
Offered by Purely Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing ball in the dark, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Adesign Smart Ball (Misc.)
In winter months having a dog and working means that there's not many daylight hours for outdoor play. This ball is fantastic, we can go to the park and play after work so my dog gets the exercise she wants during the week. She's tried to chew it but so far hasn't managed to damage it.

Woofer Cheer Horn UV
Woofer Cheer Horn UV
Offered by The Glowhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Many uses....., 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Woofer Cheer Horn UV (Toy)
Got this for my Mum to take to basketball matches where you are encouraged to make noise to put off the opponents. Does the trick without making any ears bleed.

Two Broke Girls: Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2011-2012]
Two Broke Girls: Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2011-2012]
Dvd ~ Kat Dennings

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth checking out, 27 Jan. 2013
Quick fire snappy humour, I watched a couple of episodes on TV and really didn't want to miss any others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Clix Whizz Magic, 15 Feb. 2012
It's still early in the training process but my dog is responding well to this. I wanted the whistle to use for recall as she sometimes goes off out of my shouting and whistling range. This is a very useful gadget for very little outlay. The instruction leaflet tells you all you need to know to start training right away.

PURE Twilight, DAB/FM Radio with Mood and Wake Up Light
PURE Twilight, DAB/FM Radio with Mood and Wake Up Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 30 Oct. 2011
I needed to replace a Lumie alarm/clock/radio and was reluctant to get another one of those as the finish on it I felt was cheap. Reviews for a similar item by Philips weren't good either. The main thing I wanted was the wake up light. Whilst the PURE twilight is much more expensive it seems in this instance you get what you pay for, and more besides. It's well made and solid, other reviewers say that when they push the buttons the unit moves across their bedside table - I've not had that problem. There are several functions but the menus to access them are fairly straightforward. I spent around half a hour setting it up (I do read instruction booklets too!),choosing radio stations, working out how you could have up to four different alarm settings, and it was all a pleasure. The display indicators for the alarm are particularly good so you should be able to recognise if you have made an error. The excuse 'my alarm didn't go off' should be a thing of the past! This is my first DAB radio and I love it.

Page: 1 | 2