Profile for C. L. Greenway > Reviews

Content by C. L. Greenway

C. L. Greenway "greenway83" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Twins
The Twins

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing!, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Twins (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed with this book. Although there was a good underlying story it was often very confusing as it would skip from present to past from one sentence to the next with no breaks in text to distinguish these changes! The open ending left the story seem incomplete! Would not recommend.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner!!!, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book and totally not what I was expecting! Would recommend to everyone!! You quickly get engrossed with the main character and really want her to find the answers that she needs.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I want to move to Paris!, 21 May 2013
Really loved this book! Got lost in the story and the details of life in Paris. It's made me want to explore Paris again and do some chocolate making! Read it!

The Switch [DVD]
The Switch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston

4.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Aniston excels in this film, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film. Although I love Jennifer Aniston in Friends, not all of her films have really matched up to her performance in the hit tv series. She was however really good in this film and the boy that plays her son is really sweet and makes the film. It is more of a romance/drama than a comedy but it is a really nice story to lose yourself in for a couple of hours.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2011 4:35 PM GMT

Letters to Juliet [DVD] [2010]
Letters to Juliet [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Amanda Seyfried

4.0 out of 5 stars get swept away in the romance, 28 Jan. 2011
This film looked good in the trailer but I was dubious as to if all the best bits were shown in that but this film did not disappoint. The storyline is predictable but just go with that and enjoy it. A fairytale about it never being too late to find your soulmate and to never let someone go. Amazing soundtrack to go with it.

Room
Room
by Emma Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ for 2011!, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Room (Paperback)
This book blew me away and I have recommended it to all my friends. Long after you finish reading you are still thinking about the story and wandering what it would be like to be in that situation. The book was gripping and hard to put down. Buy it, read it, you will not be disappointed!

The Winter Ghosts
The Winter Ghosts
by Kate Mosse

1.0 out of 5 stars A really dull read, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Winter Ghosts (Paperback)
Well I was very disappointed with this book. I bought it for someone as a present and they lent in to me when finished and I am embarassed that I had bought such an awful book for someone to read! It takes a very long time to work out what is going on and the mix between french and english references is confusing. There is no real story to this book and from quite early on it is obvious what the ending will be. Very disappointing read. I have read somewhere that this was an extended short story, which is very apparent at the struggle to lengthen the material into a book. The book itself has about 30 pages at the end for additional material includig book club questions - deceptively making it seem more like a book.

Coronation Street Treasures
Coronation Street Treasures
by Tim Randall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for any Corrie fan!, 11 Jan. 2011
This was a Christmas present for my gran and she loved it! We spent hours looking through all the memorabilia that was attached in scrapbook style. Plenty to read and a chance to remember characters of old. A must for any corrie fan!

Frommer's Budapest Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
Frommer's Budapest Day by Day (Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket)
by Robert Smyth

5.0 out of 5 stars The only guide you need, 11 Jan. 2011
I am a huge fan of Frommer's Day by Day guides and this one doesn't disappoint. Colourful, plenty of pictures and plenty of information for anyone visiting for either a short or longer period of time. The book will talk you through daily itineries as well as what you may like to do with children etc. A must buy!

War on the Home Front
War on the Home Front
by Juliet Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: War on the Home Front (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book. It is like your own scrapbook about the war! My gran lived during the war times and I was interested to learn more. This book provides lots of detail and scrapbook cuttings about the war and life on the home front. This book is good for young and old. Great read, high quality product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3