Profile for Louise Camg > Reviews

Content by Louise Camg

Louise Camg "Cam" (Berkshire United Kingdom)

A Shade of Vampire 6: A Gate of Night
A Shade of Vampire 6: A Gate of Night
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Shade Series, 10 April 2014
Love this series and like other readers have devoured the books at lightening speed. However, this is the first time I actually felt that this brilliant series needs to come to an end soon.

No Fear Trilby Junior AOP Junior
No Fear Trilby Junior AOP Junior

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: No Fear Trilby Junior (Apparel)
Bought this for my 8 year old daughter and after reading the other reviews was ready for it to be on the large side, which is was, but my husband sorted that problem and it's great. She loves and it wears it all the time. Good quality product.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 20 Feb 2014
I bought this cleaner just under 2 years ago, had it repaired once already (not cheap) as it stopped working after 7 months and now water has started pouring out the bottom of the unit. To get that repaired, well I may as well buy a new steam cleaner, which I intend to do but it won't be a Kärcher. As I live in a hard water area it had to be de-scaled regularly to the point where I started using bottled water, because I was sick of it getting clogged. I would have thought it would have had a much longer 'life expectancy' than this, it's not as if I use it for heavy duty stuff just my kitchen and bathroom floors!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 9:51 AM GMT

Barbecue: Recipes, Techniques, Tools
Barbecue: Recipes, Techniques, Tools
by Chris Schlesinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Best BBQ Book, 7 Jun 2010
This is the best BBQ book I've come across by far. We have tried loads of the recipes and they work brilliantly. Recipes are clear, concise and not too involved. Friends have now bought the book. It really is a must have if you like barbecuing we haven't had a disappointing result yet. Some of the best recipes include Southern slow cooked pork pg196, Memphis Ribs pg68, Jerk wings from hell pg165, Adobe paste, Pink Sangria pg328, hobo packs pg303. There are some great ideas in this book, something for everyone. Well worth the money.

Littlest Pet Shop (Wii)
Littlest Pet Shop (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 20.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter is 4 and although I do have to do the reading for her she absolutely loves this game, I can see why I think it's fab too. Well worth the money. After a little bit of practice she can do most of the games if not someone helps her. Great buy. My son of 7 likes it too although he won't admit it!

Is That My Child?: A Parents Guide to Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, OCD and Tourette's Syndrome of Childhood
by Robin Pauc
Price: 9.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for us, 5 Jun 2009
A friend recommended this book and after reading it I got in touch with one of the chiropractic neurologists that work with Robin Pauc. We took our son to see him and although not cheap has been worth every penny. Within 2-3 weeks the changes we could see in our son were quite amazing. He also noticed things he could do that he'd never been able to do before like catch a ball, kick a football and fasten his own buttons - he's 7. We can all sit down to dinner now without him getting up and down 20 times and the terrible mess he got himself into when eating vanished. All small things I know but 3 months on we have a calmer much much happier, more confident child and a better family life. School has improved as well and his teachers have noticed a change. Don't get me wrong we still have moments but things keep improving so we're sticking with it. It's a big commitment to do the things Robin Pauc suggests in his book but when you see the results it's most definitely worth it. If you want to give labels (which Robin Pauc doesn't) my son has/had eating and dressing dyspraxia, ADHD, mild OCD and a convergence in his eye.

Teach Your Child to Read
Teach Your Child to Read
by Engelman
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 4 Nov 2007
After reading all the reviews I thought I'd give this book a go. It didn't disappoint. My son finished his reception year still not being able to read a word so I felt it was time I had a go at teaching him myself. 5 months on and we're coming to the end of the book and my son, soon to be 6 can read so well it's amazing. It's also helped with his speech because he's had to learn the sounds the letters make and he was determined to get it right. You have to be quite dedicated and we try to do it every day doesn't always happen but we try. It's not always been easy, lack of enthusiasm, time and energy but we've stuck at it. The book is brilliant in it's approach and really, really does work, I can't stress that enough. I am a rubbish teacher but because the book tells you exactly what to say it's made the whole process so much easier. My son loves the fact he can read a story to me from the book. I'm so glad I bought this book.

Carol Smillie: Changing Shape [VHS]
Carol Smillie: Changing Shape [VHS]
VHS
Offered by stephensmith_426
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but very effective, 20 May 2005
All I can say is that after having 2 children both caesareans (so I couldn't start the exercises till 11 weeks) I have got my figure back including reasonably flat tum by doing this video. It's been invaluable to me and I can't recommend it enough. Yes it's difficult finding the time sometimes but it's 10-20ish minutes (depending on level)every other day and it really really works.