Profile for Benjamin T. Hulston > Reviews

Content by Benjamin T. Hu...

Benjamin T. Hulston "Dosdamt" (Leeds, WY, England)

Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by RAREWAVES
Price: 30.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of cash, 15 May 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
So I "played" this game for two hours last night. First off it is very different from the first two games. I installed the game, it provided me with a top up reminder of the story from the first two games. Great.

Atmospheric music from the first two games then played which was getting me excited. Very shortly the game finished installing. I got the game up and running with no issues. My PC is coming up on two years old but is still mighty fine and more than equipped to run the game.

At this point things took a turn for the worst. Confronted by a strange title screen, I frantically aearched for the "single player" option. Bizarrely it was missing. I wondered if this was a strange meta puzzle I am not cool / intelligent enough to understand. So I threw some details into "login"
Boxes, but all I got returned was "Error 37".
I was extremely puzzled by this, as it persisted until I decided to go to bed.

The departure from action roleplaying to obtuse puzzle game is extremely bizarre. Not to mention the referencing of some Errors.
I feel the game is probably massively buggy and probably didn't launch at a release quality, as I was expecting to play a single player action experience. Ho hum. Better luck next time.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2012 9:42 PM BST

Iron man 2 cufflinks
Iron man 2 cufflinks
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Novelty Cufflinks, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Iron man 2 cufflinks
Fantastic cufflinks. I like a dash of individuality when pulling on the suitiform and these cufflinks give that. I love Ironman.

The cufflinks came well packaged and extremely promptly. The cufflinks are quality, and look smart enough to wear to work. Very nice :)

The Way Of The Fist
The Way Of The Fist

5.0 out of 5 stars Smouldering, 6 July 2009
This review is from: The Way Of The Fist (MP3 Download)
What can I say about this album other than it is sheer brilliance?

The pace, tone, and relative heavyness on this album is all perfectly pitched, and the lyrics, while somewhat formulaic, match the music perfectly.

This is honest metal - furious, fast, relentless but never anything less than melodic and the solos, as opposed to say Dragonforce's indulgent nonsense, really land home in the right places.

There's nothing about the album that I would say could really be improved - the production and therefore the sound is very smooth, and the band sound like their having a blast. I was privileged enough to be able to see these guys at Download this year - and they're unbelievably good live.

For any serious metal-head, you must own this album. For anyone interested in rock music - check these guys out, as quick as you can. They will definitely be rising to the top in the near future.