Profile for asa > Reviews

Samsung 24x SATA Retail DVD Writer with 3 Bezels
Samsung 24x SATA Retail DVD Writer with 3 Bezels
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Silent but deadly - excellent drive!, 10 July 2013
When it comes to building a PC, never eve scrimp on an optical drive. Last thing you want to have
is a near-perfectly built machine with new, efficient components that are let down by a slow, clunking
disk drive. Luckily for me, this drive doesn't fall into that category. It might not be the quickest or the
most silent, but I've certainly noticed no drawbacks, so no complaints from me.

This item was NOT an O.E.M brown box version, but a full retail version with colored bezels (Silver,
Black and Ivory) to meet the end users aesthetic needs. It's bundled with a Free copy of Nero
Express 12 and a SATA cable, whilst supporting a variety of speeds and working flawlessly with
Windows 8. It also has Buffer Underrun technology which writes data to disks in smaller chunks,
ensuring that data is copied consistently to the disks. Overall a sound investment.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Blaaaaaazingly Quick!!! (Y0han Blake Version), 10 July 2013
I had done plenty of research and was in desperate need of a processor with considerable power. I was previously running all my software on an Intel Core 2 Duo laptop for around 5 years and I'd say it now probably takes that long to boot up! - not anymore. This chip is a godsend, with my new-build booting up in just 12 seconds (that's only with a Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB HDD!). I was all set on buying a Solid State Drive, but I'm no techno-geek, so this was plenty quick for me. Everything runs beautifully and the Integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics is a nice touch and will run most common graphic applications without a problem. As a test, I must have opened over 270 web pages from my bookmarks folder, which included videos and other resource intensive material, but still experienced no lag whatsoever. It's impressive to me as my 5 year old laptop could only handle about 10 before starting to seize up (yeah, that bad!). I'm not really into games, but this processor couldn't be recommended enough, one of best available on the market and is also future-proof. The core I7 (Usain B0lt) version will set you back another £80-£100, which you could save and put towards other components or reduce the cost of the build. So don't bother delaying your decision any further. Yeah, I'm talking to you, add it to your basket and buy it NOW!

-Owned : 4 months
-Overclocked : Not Yet
-Goes well with : Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-D3H and Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB