Profile for G. V. Drew > Reviews

Content by G. V. Drew

G. V. Drew "Moulin Neuf" (France)

Nikon COOLPIX S8200 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 14x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix S8200, 28 Oct 2012
I bought this as a factory reconditioned unit, saving lots of money. I guessed it was probably a customer return, which cannot then be sold as new. It arrived promptly (in France) and was in as new condition, so I would advise considering factory reconditioned units. I only really use it for snaps as I'm not a techie. It works really well for what I use it for, including close-ups of plants and flowers. I had one small problem, which was that on copying an HD movie to my PC,it froze, but I guess that was more to do with my PC than the camera, as it played correctly on the camera. Perhaps it is best to view movies directly on my HD TV. Anyway a pleasing, compact camera which I heartily recommend.

Anti-shock Padded Camera case for PANASONIC LUMIX TZ40 TZ35 SZ3 SZ5,Canon A2400 A1400 A4000,Nikon Coolpix S9500 S9100 L26 L27 P310,SONY CYBER-SHOT HX20 HX50,Samsung WB250 WB30 WB150 DV151 & Flip Mino HD MinoHD Ultra Camcorders.
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Camera Case, 28 Oct 2012
This is a neat case and the Nikon Coolpix S8200 fits in snuggly. I'm not so sure about the belt clip, although it works adequately. The case offers good protection to the camera and there is enough room for a spare battery.