Profile for gail stevens > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Netflix
Netflix

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommending Netflix, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
We had the free one month trial period. I have to say that I was not overly impressed during this time apart from seeing the remaining 8 episodes of 'Breaking Bad', which is why we went on in the first place. I had decided not to continue and start paying. However, come January I noticed on our bank account that £5.99 had gone to them. By then we had decided to see 'House of Cards' (excellent) and during that I've been watching other films. It seems to me that once you start paying you get a far better choice of films; ie more up-to-date ones. This could be something Netflix could mention with examples whilst people have the 'free time' ..
In conclusion the service is excellent value and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who likes their films!!

Everyday English: Getting to grips with the basics of the language
Everyday English: Getting to grips with the basics of the language
by Michelle Finlay

5.0 out of 5 stars English Book, 22 Dec. 2013
I love reference books and this simple one about speaking the English Language correctly is an easy read. Great to have by your elbow. Excellent service

The Power Of Intention: Change The Way You Look At Things And The Things You Look At Will Change: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
by Dr. Wayne Dyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Dec. 2013
This is a very thought provoking book and will make you think about being here and the changes you could make for the better. I enjoyed it and off the back of it bought 'Getting in the Gap' by the same author.

Truly Madly Deeply [DVD] [1990] [1991]
Truly Madly Deeply [DVD] [1990] [1991]
Dvd ~ Juliet Stevenson
Offered by ajdiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars A real experience, 22 Dec. 2013
I loved this film but could never see it for sale anywhere until I saw it on Amazon. It was more than I wanted to pay but, if you want something, you have to pay the price right? Juliet Stephenson is superb as the grieving woman, who's lost her partner suddenly. The film has everything. You'll laugh, cry, and laugh again. Forget 'Ghost' as this is the real thing ....

Paul Hollywood's Bread
Paul Hollywood's Bread
by Paul Hollywood

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Bread, 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Paul Hollywood's Bread (Hardcover)
From the series and bought for my husband who watched it and got all hot under the collar to start making bread. I'm still waiting .. although that in no way reflects the contents of the book. I have made bread over my life and this book is real easy to follow. Excellent service.

Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces
Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces
by Carrie Stuart Parks

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing, 22 Dec. 2013
It's a very good book and I know will help me with portraiture when I get round to using it properly. It's on the pile of 'things to do' when I have the time/space. Excellent service.

Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Little Books and CDs)
by Dr. Wayne Dyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation book and cd, 22 Dec. 2013
I'd already read a book of his in which 'Getting in the Gap' was mentioned. I had to have it. It came quickly which meant I could get on with meditation .. it is as difficult as I found it years ago, but he has a very relaxing voice to have in your ear with your earphones on. I'll get there ..

Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
by Tom Kerridge

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 22 Dec. 2013
You've see the series. This is the book. Really good. No nonsense recipes. If we were not at our son's for Christmas I would be cooking the Christmas recipes and making the mulled Cider. Excellent service also.

Lost in a Good Book: Thursday Next Book 2
Lost in a Good Book: Thursday Next Book 2
by Jasper Fforde

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Dec. 2013
I bought the first book at a book fair. Not my usual genre, but I loved it. I had the have the second asap, and got it. Just as good as the first. I will be back for the 3rd and so on in 2014. A good read. Service excellent.

Gorgeous Christmas (Gorgeous Series)
Gorgeous Christmas (Gorgeous Series)
by Annie Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing this book., 22 Dec. 2013
I love it. I just wish we did Christmas for the family so I could do all of it. Fun and different.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4