Profile for gail stevens > Reviews

Content by gail stevens

gail stevens

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Well of Lost Plots (Thursday Next)
The Well of Lost Plots (Thursday Next)
by Jasper Fforde
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing Book 3, 9 Feb 2014
I haven't read it yet, but I already know I am going to love it, and the remaining books in the series. The plot is so clever. Read them all!!!!

Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Three Quarter
Linens Limited Polycotton Quilted Mattress Protector, Three Quarter
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Mattress Protector, 9 Feb 2014
I went backwards and forwards in my head 'expensive, not so expensive', as you do. I finally decided to order this one. It's a mattress protector. I wish I gone for the expensive one as it's a truth that you get what you pay for. It's okay is all I can say. Doing it again I's get the better one. My fault.

Love2Sleep EGYPTIAN COTTON FITTED SHEET HOTEL QUALITY - 4FT (SMALL DOUBLE) CREAM
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP
Price: 8.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Why I don't like my sheets., 9 Feb 2014
First thing to say is that I grew up in a Hotel and know all about starched 'hotel quality' sheets. This a good quality but something is wrong with them. They arrived (I'd ordered 2 fitted sheets for my 3/4 bed.)(It's very hard to find this size, and forget colour) and I was shocked by how 'stiff' they were. I immediately washed them. 40 degrees. They were still stiff but I hoped that ironing them may soften them. A little. On the bed. They fitted very well and are comfortable to sleep on. The problem is that they have bobbled a lot and that I hate. It has all the indication to me of cheap cotton instead of Egyptian cotton as advertised. Until I hear from the company with an explanation, and, hopefully, get my money back, I cannot recommend these sheets.

Netflix
Netflix
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommending Netflix, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
We had the free one month trial period. I have to say that I was not overly impressed during this time apart from seeing the remaining 8 episodes of 'Breaking Bad', which is why we went on in the first place. I had decided not to continue and start paying. However, come January I noticed on our bank account that 5.99 had gone to them. By then we had decided to see 'House of Cards' (excellent) and during that I've been watching other films. It seems to me that once you start paying you get a far better choice of films; ie more up-to-date ones. This could be something Netflix could mention with examples whilst people have the 'free time' ..
In conclusion the service is excellent value and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who likes their films!!

Everyday English: Getting to grips with the basics of the language
Everyday English: Getting to grips with the basics of the language
by Michelle Finlay
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars English Book, 22 Dec 2013
I love reference books and this simple one about speaking the English Language correctly is an easy read. Great to have by your elbow. Excellent service

The Power Of Intention: Change The Way You Look At Things And The Things You Look At Will Change: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
by Dr. Wayne Dyer
Price: 10.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Dec 2013
This is a very thought provoking book and will make you think about being here and the changes you could make for the better. I enjoyed it and off the back of it bought 'Getting in the Gap' by the same author.

Truly Madly Deeply [DVD] [1991]
Truly Madly Deeply [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Juliet Stevenson
Offered by jamb1be *** All orders sent by first class post within 24 hours ***
Price: 28.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A real experience, 22 Dec 2013
I loved this film but could never see it for sale anywhere until I saw it on Amazon. It was more than I wanted to pay but, if you want something, you have to pay the price right? Juliet Stephenson is superb as the grieving woman, who's lost her partner suddenly. The film has everything. You'll laugh, cry, and laugh again. Forget 'Ghost' as this is the real thing ....

Paul Hollywood's Bread
Paul Hollywood's Bread
by Paul Hollywood
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Bread, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Paul Hollywood's Bread (Hardcover)
From the series and bought for my husband who watched it and got all hot under the collar to start making bread. I'm still waiting .. although that in no way reflects the contents of the book. I have made bread over my life and this book is real easy to follow. Excellent service.

Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces
Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces
by Carrie Stuart Parks
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing, 22 Dec 2013
It's a very good book and I know will help me with portraiture when I get round to using it properly. It's on the pile of 'things to do' when I have the time/space. Excellent service.

Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Little Books and CDs)
by Dr. Wayne Dyer
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation book and cd, 22 Dec 2013
I'd already read a book of his in which 'Getting in the Gap' was mentioned. I had to have it. It came quickly which meant I could get on with meditation .. it is as difficult as I found it years ago, but he has a very relaxing voice to have in your ear with your earphones on. I'll get there ..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3