Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London
Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Zombies, 6 Jun. 2016
I love zombies! Books, films, toys, whatever, but zombies are great. This book is easy to read, and really conveys the day-to-day problems that occur when trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. Where do you get water and food from? What happens when the power is switched off? Or when the tap runs dry? The book explores different people's response to the official instructions to evacuate, and then reveals the outcome for all the different responses. I have now read up to book 7, and the author intertwined the survivors lives brilliantly. Sometimes the links are revealed, sometimes not, but the story always rattles on with plenty of suspense, action and things to keep you interested. Definitely worth reading (especially at the price), and a great way to get into the series.

PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2015: The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake!
by Jennifer Marx
Edition: Loose Leaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, 10 Aug. 2015
Already had the spiral bound version, but decided to treat myself. A quality item, if a little pricey, that has everything you need to plan your Walt Disney World trip. I already have a number of other publications relating to WDW, but where this one differs, and what gives it the edge, is the planning pages at the back. You can write in what you are planning to go each day on the easy to use pages. As it is ring-bound you can take the pages out and carry them with you as a reminder. The down sides (apart from price) are that if you go again in the future you will probably need to purchase a new version, and there are not enough planning pages for a two week break. But wait, there is hope, because you can go online to the Passporter website and buy packs of loose pages, which I did. They are reasonably priced and despite coming from the U.S. arrived quickly. It is also possible to order new ring-bound books online as well, so you can plan ahead and get a new version to go in your nice leather binder for a reasonable price.
Overall, although this item was expensive, if you are serious about planning your Disbey holiday, it is well worth it.

Anker 60W 6-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia, Motorola and More (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars after seeing it recommended on a travel forum, 13 Feb. 2015
I purchased this charger in advance of a trip to the USA, after seeing it recommended on a travel forum. Previously I have taken UK extension blocks and charged my gadgets that way, but this seemed like a more compact way of doing the same thing. The only things I need to pack in addition to the charger are a US adaptor and the USB cables for each gadget. The trip is some way off, but I have been using the charger at home, and it does the job. It charges my tablet and my iPhone 5 slightly faster than the chargers I was using before, which can only be a good thing. The charger itself is compact, and easy on the eye. It comes with a mains lead and a couple of Velcro straps to keep the lead tidy. Instructions are limited, but then what's to know? - plug it into the wall then plug in your gadgets via your usual USB cables and it's job done! At a penny under £20 I think this was good value, given that you can charge up to 6 gadgets, which would have taken a big old extension lead on my holiday, so I would recommend it.

LOVE MEI Hard Metal Corning Gorilla Glass Shockproof Dustproof Waterproof Snowproof Brand NEW Case IPhone 5C (Yellow)
Offered by XIKEZAN GLOBAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard as Nails!, 30 May 2014
After finally giving in to the lure of the iPhone, with a snazzy blue 5C, I needed a cover to protect it. Doing a fair bit of outdoor activity, I needed something that would protect it from weather, bumps and scratches. Trawling the internet did not reveal much, most of the 'bombproof' covers are aimed at the 5S, so I was pleased to find this cover that offered substantial protection in the description. Upon receipt, the first thing I noticed was the weight. This cover is not light, not light at all, being largely metal, with a rubberised back and a real glass screen protector. It fits the phone perfectly, and is secured by no less than 6 bolts! Yes, little hex-drive bolts, which come complete with a natty little tool, and a couple of spares to boot. All of the ports are covered, and all of the buttons accessible, with some clever rubber and metal bits. The headphone port even fits some chunky headphone plugs, which is a result as my Motorheadphones have a substanial plug, and are less 'obvious' than the Apple iBuds that came with the phone. Once fitted, the phone works perfectly, the screen is responsive, almost as if it isn't even covered, and all the buttons do what they are supposed to do. My phone now feels quite weighty, but it is a reassuring weight. I like to know that I have my phone with me, and it is now very hard to miss! The cover has rubber corners, and seems to stand up to all that I can throw at it. Now I am not completely convinced that it is as waterproof as it claims, but I am absolutely sure that it will keep out the rain and snow with no trouble at all. I am not about to take it scuba diving or anything just to prove a point, but you get the idea. Also, now it doesn't look like an iPhone! It looks more like a tablet, or a fancy satellite phone, so I don't look like yet another Apple addict as I walk down the road, whilst stil enjoying all the undoubted benefits of the actually pretty marvellous iPhone 5C.

The Jungle Book by Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Canvas Multiple Sizes Available
The Jungle Book by Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Canvas Multiple Sizes Available
Offered by Van Eyck EU Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Dec. 2013
This picture is terrific! The colours are so vivid and bright, and it is just what I wanted as a present for a Jungle Book fan!

Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet:  Ultimate Edition Guide For The ASUS Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet
Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet: Ultimate Edition Guide For The ASUS Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - Don't Bother!, 29 Oct. 2013
Not much to add to the title really!
Possible the shortest book I have ever purchased. There is no useable detail contained within it. The whole book is a waste of time and money. It tells you nothing about how to use the Nexus, for instance the chapter on APPS is about 5 lines long, and says -"you need to register with Google", wow, such startling insight and clear explanation.
Rubbish book, don't bother buying it.

MOFRED® Royal Blue New Google Nexus 7 2 II Tablet (Launched July 2013) Case-(Second Updated Version of Case)-MOFRED® Executive Multi Function Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 II-2nd Generation Tablet 16GB or 32GB eMMC ,Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz Processor, Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 29 Oct. 2013
I bought this cover for my new Nexus 7, because I was fed up with putting it back into it's box to keep it safe. The cover fits perfectly, and protects the tablet well. The magnetic closure is firm, and the sleep function works every time you close the cover, which is great. If I have any criticism, it is that the power and volume controls are a little tricky to get to, but that may well be as much because of my big fingers as anything else!
Overall I would say that this cover is a great value solution to a real problem, if you want great protection for your Nexus - get one!

ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by MACnificent

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 28 Oct. 2013
I bought a cheap tablet from Amazon for a laugh, and although I liked it, the battery life was rubbish, and I yearned for something better. I had heard good things about the Nexus 7, and set about reading up on what it can and can't do. After a little research, I decided I had to have one and duly ordered one on a Sunday evening. Imagine my joy when it arrived the next day!
I quickly learned that the hype around the Nexus 7 is not that at all, it is fact! I quickly got to grips with Facebook, my favourite radio station and some stonking games. I also realised that because I have an Android phone, all the apps I have got for my phone are there, available for me to use on the Nexus, which is a right result. So now I am listening to the radio, playing games, watching TV, going on Facebook, all with practised ease. I can even tether it to my phone for those odd occasions when I may take it out of the house and need the interweb!
I am no computer wizard, I am more 50 minus than 40 plus, yet I can use this device without the help of a 12 year old! You want my advice? - you may not realise it, but you want one of these, so go and buy one now before you regret it!

Leather Case Cover with USB Keyboard (QWERTY) for 7 inch Tablet PCs
Leather Case Cover with USB Keyboard (QWERTY) for 7 inch Tablet PCs
Offered by Honearn

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Little Accessory, 25 Aug. 2013
I got this for my new Android tablet and it works fine. It protects the tablet well, and the keyboard works fine. Some of the keys are in a strange place, and you have to watch what you type if you have big fingers, but otherwise this is a great value little accessory.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun - don't expect more, 25 Aug. 2013
This tablet works fine, it connects to my wi-fi with no problem, downloading apps from Android is a breeze, the touch screen works fine, and the keyboard/cover accessory I got for it is great.
So what is the problem?
Put simply - battery life - it doesn't have any! Charge it up fully, play a game for 20 minutes and you are looking at less than 50% of your battery left. Run 2 apps at once, as I did with the radio app playing through headphones, and chatting on Facebook, and I had to plug in the mains charger! At one point, the charger could not even keep up with the power being used and the battery still ran down!
Other than that it is a bit of fun, good for a quick (and you'd better be quick!) check on Facebook or whatever, but not for prolonged use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3