Profile for Binky > Reviews

Content by Binky

Binky

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Indiana Jones  The Complete Adventures (Limited Edition Collector's Set) [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free]
Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures (Limited Edition Collector's Set) [Blu-ray] [1981] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Entertainment, 20 Oct 2012
I shall start with the films first. The picture quality is great but not perfect as there is slight graining but nothing to worry about. The sound has been improved and does make for more involved viewing. The only extra's to be found on each film disc are trailer's used to advertise themselves at their release, hardly pushing the boat out. The bonuses have been kept for the 5th disc where you will find alot of documentary footage galleries and not much else. The Collector's set I am actually pleased with unlike other reviewer's. I really like the notebook which is really well put together although the writing is like a truelife doctor's and need's a little time to read. I was rather hoping that they were going to include the South Park episode which would have been fantastic. I had never seen the 4th film untill this release and have to say I am still in two minds, It's not horrifically bad as the other film's are'nt perfect but can't understand why Alien's are involved. Would have been just as happy with the trilogy collectors edition but perhaps in time we will all get used to the 4th film. Would also have been nice to have the box in wood just as Rome season 2 was released in dvd. Instead you get cardboard which unfortunately will not close properly. Again LOTR box has a hidden magnet mechanism to ensure this and so it can be arqued that this release was designed as a money making exercise. 5 Star's because of the origional trilogy and the notebook just don't pay too much for this set, I paid £60 as I pre-ordered and therefore am not at the mercy of cynical seller's. There are rumour's that there will be another film in the future as the 4th is considered abismal by so many so you may want to hold off for a few years, I am more than happy with this set and see no reason on buying (if there is a 5th film) as it will mean nothing to me.

David Coulthard	Pole Position Mens Edt 50ml Spray
David Coulthard Pole Position Mens Edt 50ml Spray

2.0 out of 5 stars DC Where ?, 20 Oct 2012
The only way to tell this is David Coulthard's product is the seller's description. There is nothing on the box nor the bottle itself. You do get alot so that is good and the smell is pleasant enough although nothing truly noteworthy and neither does not last long. So would I advise you to get this no will have to be my answer because it would have been nice to see some investment in the product rather than seemingly being more interested in taking your money and run attitude. If I was DC I would be ashamed to be associated with such a weak product. This is not of course the seller's fault and their service was as you would expect from Amazon. Two star's because of the pleasant smell and the amount but that's it. If you choose to buy it just dont expect too much. Hope this helps.

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (Blu-ray + Digital Copies) [Region Free]
Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (Blu-ray + Digital Copies) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sam Neill
Offered by Prestivo2

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 20 Oct 2012
Unfortunately although the films have been given 7.1 sound it seems everyone had their eyes closed when doing the bluray transfer. The first film is laughable in places as it switches between great picture to a picture with more grain than a sandy beach. The second film seems better but I have not seen the third film yet so cannot comment on that. I will also point out that the digital copies I recievied are due to run out on the 24th of October this year so I can only advise you to contact the seller to check when your order is out of date and thus utterly pointless. I will be looking for a remastered version in the future and untill then can only advise you to buy the dvd collection as there is no true advantage in the blurays. Why three stars then? Well the films themselves are still just as enjoyable as all those years ago depsite their inherent flaws and is still capable of scaring the kids.

One Foot in the Grave Complete Series 1 - 6 Plus Christmas Specials Box Set [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Richard Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Money, 26 Sep 2012
This boxset I purchased is under £20 and has every episode included and that includes the christmas specials. There is as an added bonus a few episodes with commentary by Richard Wilson and a couple of documentaries thrown in for good measure. So if you are looking at this and the absurdly more expensive boxset currently at £40 or so then as far as I can see there is no differrence except price and on that it's an easy decision. The earlier episodes are not the best for picture quality, there is slight ghosting and grainieness. That said it is very infrequent and really isn't a huge bugbear. There isn't anything I feel I can add except of course I will reccommend this to everyone. It's a no brainer. Hope this helps.

Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Offered by EuroFairy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good if still pricey, 25 July 2012
I bought this fo £93 and find it hard to understand why it had an initial price of £200. I like many have had a manual brush for years and after all the hype I decided to get a braun some time ago now. I found this to be very noisy and also hard on the teeth and so it ended up in the cupboard. What struck me about this sonic brush was just that and the fact the brush heads are flatter and not massive stickyout heads which the braun used. I have been impressed with just how quickly my teeth got whiter. I drink my fair share of coffee and although I still dont have a Hollywood smile it isnt along way away im sure, something the braun never managed. People are mixed on the sanitiser and indeed so am I. It isnt a huge facter in any cleaning routine as in the manual you are told to rinse the whole toothbrush under water anyway. Although there are of course independant studies showing that U.V. does work. I will admit to using it once a week. It takes 10mins to use so no time at all really. On time this is were it may fall down, to fully charge takes 24hrs. Why not 12hrs as this would be more convenient, perhaps thats the reason you get 3 weeks use and thats the pay off. The other settings on the brush do seem to be a gimmik as all you should need is a default 2mins clean, if you need anything else like the gum massage then that would highlight a problem which should be checked. The case provided is hard plastic and fits the unit with two heads - just. As long as the price stays under £100 then you should be happy with your purchase. Yes its still alot of money but it is genuinly worth it. Amazon were not the cheapest but because they have such a good record with delivery time then it was no contest. I will also say that unfortunately looking at the price of replacement heads they are expensive and Philips are a little cheeky by not providing 4 in a pack as that of course would be the years supply. Maybe that was too simple for them who knows. If you are still in any doubt then let me add that I have a visit to my Dentist next month and I am actually looking forward to it nuff said.

Get Lucky
Get Lucky

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Magic, 25 July 2012
This review is from: Get Lucky (Audio CD)
I am pleasantly suprised by just how good this album is. It does remind me of Golden Heart with celtic roots but with a touch of unforced guitar riffs supplied by the famous Gibson. There are a couple of tracks that I believe shouldnt have been included as they just dont seem to fit the album in anyway that I can see. I wont say which tracks these are as of course you may indeed have no problem with them. They are easy to listen to but not for me. I will say that the best thing you can do if possible is to put your feet up and just listen with no interuptions and you will reep the benefit. A mix of celtic, bluesy, rock done better than anyone before, indeed a contender against Golden Heart and makes up for his past albums which have fallen flat. This is an example of just how good Mr Knopfler and indeed music can actually be. A welcome change from all the rubbish we are forced to listen to via radio and t.v. today. So to all fans of M.K. and felt as I did he was losing his touch - I am now eating humble pie. To those new to the man, I will say this - put the time in to his work because overall you get a true musician writing and playing his own music, which seems to be more and more of a rareity. I hope this helps.

DURAGADGET Red Genuine Leather Case & Cover With Stand For Amazon's New Kindle Touch Wi-Fi & 3G (Latest Generation, March 2012) + Red Clip On LED Pen Light
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek Quality Product, 7 July 2012
I am pleasantly suprised at the finish of the product as are my workmates. Whilst I consider this another nice price item, I dont see the point in paying more than that as it may well get damaged and why waste £50. When I recieved it the bill made comical reading. They had split the price between the case and the light. So this basically means I paid £8 for each item. Sadly the quality of the light leaves alot to be desired. A basic nasty plastic fold-out light, cheap and nasty feel, although the light is great. The reason for 4 stars is the quality of the case but unfortunately there is nowhere to store the light when not needed. An unfortunate oversight. I will still reccommend as it seems the best around.

Panasonic Shaver self-cleaning cartridge fits models ES8168, ES8078, ES7058
Panasonic Shaver self-cleaning cartridge fits models ES8168, ES8078, ES7058
Offered by George and Freddie

3.0 out of 5 stars Nasty price, 7 July 2012
Sadly these cartridges are vastly overpriced. Its sadly essential to keep the razor in good running order but for the life of each cartridge it seems a rip off. Panasonic can easily sell them cheaper so to me it seems tight fisted company policy. Its a product I need to buy but will keep in mind when looking at razors in the future and look at just what is the future running cost. Three stars because they do the job but costly.

Draper 69349 600-Watt Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Draper 69349 600-Watt Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars One Hot Cleaner, 21 Jun 2012
Yes this is mentioned by other reviewers but did take it with a pinch of salt. Given just how strict Health & Safety are supposed to be in this country it is amazing this product is allowed. I bought this for the car and as in the picture I wore it using the strap and couldnt help but feel the heat on my hand as the motor is just underneath the handle. Also as I typed in Amazon "car cleaners" I was very suprised to find out it plugs into the mains and there is no option of using the cigarrette lighter as is the norm. So really I could have simply used the household hoover and saved some money. However now I have it I will use it if only to somehow get my money's worth. There is no problem with it working indeed it has great suction even with the hose attatchment which some reviewers report lessens. Also on that point the hose never fell out, I simply went old school and pushed it as far as it would go into the cleaner and whilst cleaning the car was not watching it to fall out as of course of what I read before buying. I didn't use the brushes and to be honest I don't think I ever will as the hose is all I need as it's great for the nook's and crannies. Overall a mixed bag unfortunately. If you can live with the mains plug and the heat which won't burn if used with causion then there really isn't a problem as it does a really good job but it really could have been built better. I may just mention that the noise that others have mentiioned is actually no louder than any other poweful vaccuum maybe because it's small it seem's louder but it's a typical vaccuum noise nothing to be worried about. Would I buy again well no not untill the heat has been sorted and you can plug into the car, untill then I would just use the household cleaner you have with an extension cord.

Vax H90-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Vax H90-GA-B Gator Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely Disapointed, 18 Jun 2012
I must admit that I was expecting more given the brand and other reviews however the battery does not last for any reasonable time infact it takes along time to charge and will run out after a matter of a combined time of 30mins or so. Also the crevice tool I imagined to be a small tool to effectivly clean nooks and crannies is in fact a slightly narrower tool which slides out from the front. All this does is heighten the nose which isn't sufficient. So dissapointed am I with this product I have actually ordered a Draper which plugs back in to the car. This was my first foray into cordless cleaners and after my experience I will be sticking to the wired models. So basically my advice is to stay well away from this model it really isn't worth wasting your time and money on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2012 3:06 PM BST