Profile for Natalie Wood > Reviews

Content by Natalie Wood

Natalie Wood "Sundance Kid" (UK)

Plantronics .Audio 326 Multimedia Stereo PC Headset
Plantronics .Audio 326 Multimedia Stereo PC Headset
Price: 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality good, comfort not so much., 13 May 2014
For the price I suppose I shouldn't really complain, after breaking my old Plantronics headset I wanted an identical replacement, but it was an older model and I couldn't find it. This looked like a fairly similar headset and something which would plug into my existing USB adapter. It also comes at an affordable price, and with a brand I have used and trusted in the past.

Audio quality is good, obviously not as good as a higher quality headset might be, but generally very good, it has a volume control which goes nice and high if needed and as far as I can tell Microphone works fine (Skype/TS etc.), as nobody I've spoken to via it has had any complaints.

However, the reason I cannot give this a higher than 2 star review, despite the sound quality and good price, is that this headset is just not comfortable, after maybe twenty minutes it starts to hurt your ears and the longer you wear it the worse it gets. I'm hoping it may loosen over time and not fit to the head quite so tightly, but so far no luck. The last plantronics headset I had was very comfortable, but it is not the case with this one. So if you intend to use this for more than very short conversations then I would suggest perhaps looking at other alternatives.

Ghost in the Blood (The Ghosts Book 3)
Ghost in the Blood (The Ghosts Book 3)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Series, 7 Mar 2012
Now I was tempted to give this 4 stars, a) for the typos again and b) because I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the previous two. However considering the scale is 4 - 'I like it', this didn't quite cover how much I thoroughly enjoyed this book; so it had to be 5 - 'I love it.'

Once again we get caught up in Caina's world, and I found myself swept along with the plot and the characters. I thought the setting was interesting, but not quite as vivid as the last book, however the villains were dramatically more evil, and at several moments I almost had to stop reading, it was that sad. The story was once again fasted-paced, gripping, and every time I tried to put it down I found myself picking it straight back up unwilling to wait to find out what happened next.

Minor nitpicks: a hint of possible romance for the protagonist might have been nice, I know it's not that type of story, and I like the lack of soppiness, but it'd be nice if Caina could catch a break once in a while. The ending was also slightly less dramatic than the previous two, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, just a slight difference. Other than that I have no complaints, I cannot wait for the next in the series and I am sure that the author will keep up the same high calibre (minor editing issues aside) writing, that makes this series one to read.

Ghost in the Flames (The Ghosts Book 2)
Ghost in the Flames (The Ghosts Book 2)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Not flawless, but still brilliant, 6 Mar 2012
After reading the first of the Ghosts series, paying nothing for it, and staying up late into the night to finish it, I started and finished this book today and have since gone on to buy the next in the series.

As I said in the title. The book isn't flawless, there are typos, and it almost made me drop my review to 4 stars, but I didn't. I really think the author deserves the credit of five stars, because the book is a gripping read.

Caina, is a amazing strong heroine, and I really connected to her as a character, she is tough and sometimes ruthless, but still easy to like as character. The plot was gripping, it gave enough clues to allow the reader to work out some of the mystery, but not too much to make it easy or predictable. The side characters were wonderful, from Ark to Maeltor, and the world was so well put together I really felt like I could see it.

Anyway as I said, am on to the third book of this series, and am currently loving it. Really glad I've found a new author in the high fantasy genre, that I feel I could read again and again.