Profile for fillip23 > Reviews

St. Anger [Bonus DVD Digipak]
St. Anger [Bonus DVD Digipak]
Offered by positivenoise

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear Lord No, 9 Sept. 2003
Im not a huge Metallica fan, but I always used to have tremendous respect for them as musicians, but this new album is tragic. Absolutely appalling. I'm not a solo fan really but surely if Kirk Hammet is in your band you should use him. The lyrics though, is where the album really fails. "Tick Tick Tick Tock" screams James Hetfield on "Frantic". The man who used to be an icon for millions of young people across the world as a purveyor of non-glamorous metal that you could actually relate to has become the speaking clock. I think that is all that needs to be said. And I haven't even mentioned the poor production and Lars Ulrichs appalling snare sound. Oh. I just did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 3 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Freelancer (Video Game)
This game is amazing. I'm not good at games. Actually I'm pretty appalling at games and I'm rubbish at this one as well, but its so good, I dont care. Some guy said about dumbing down the controls, all I can say is, thank goodness they did dumb them down! This makes the game more accesible to game playing dolts like me, although it may alienate really good games-players but I think they could still get a kick out of it.
Amazing game.

De Stijl
De Stijl
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius., 3 Aug. 2003
This review is from: De Stijl (Audio CD)
Jack White is one of the best songwriters in the World today, along with Josh Homme, Serj Tankian and Matt Skiba. De Stijl is a fantastic album. The songs range from the carefree (Your pretty good looking for a girl), to the moving (I'm bound to pack it up), but there is no bad song on this album, except perhaps the last track, but you can stop the album after the penultimate one, so who cares?
It is fairly obvious that Meg White is not an amazing drummer, but her style does complement the music perfectly, and what good is skill if you cant write songs people will enjoy?
If you liked 7 nation army, you will probably like this, but it is a lot different.