Profile for Ms. S. Field Reid > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. Field Reid

Ms. S. Field Reid "Dorothea Arnold"

Tramp: Or the Art of Living a Wild and Poetic Life (Seagull World Literature)
Tramp: Or the Art of Living a Wild and Poetic Life (Seagull World Literature)
by Tomas Espedal

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book - Im enjoying everyword, 10 Oct. 2011
I'd never heard of the author; and now I can't wait to read others by him, if they have been translated. It is written in a spare poetic style, (unsurprisingly as he is a poet); it is taking me a long time to read it as the words and sentences are so beautifully constructed. It is a real pleasure to read not only because of what I have just written but also because it is often very funny.

I think that the translation from the Norwegian must be a very good one.

Robert Schumann: Piano Quintet, Op. 44 & Piano Quartet, Op. 47
Robert Schumann: Piano Quintet, Op. 44 & Piano Quartet, Op. 47

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful musician/great music, 10 Oct. 2011
The Glenn Gould version of Schumann's piano quintet; I bought it for a present, so I haven't heard it! However I would buy anything played by Glenn Gould as he was such an interesting musician.

Succession Planting for Adventurous Gardeners
Succession Planting for Adventurous Gardeners
by Christopher Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational useful book, 17 Mar. 2011
For gardeners I think this became an instant 'Classic' when it first came out in 2005.
Open the book and its instant inspiration for me, cant think why I didn't buy it years ago.

Dear Christo: Memories of Christopher Lloyd at Great Dixter
Dear Christo: Memories of Christopher Lloyd at Great Dixter
by Rosemary Alexander

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 14 Feb. 2011
I enjoyed this book, brought out a rich portrait of Christo, having all his different friends and family talking about him. Hope it sells lots to help finances to keep his wonderful life's work going strong.

AmazonBasics Universal Soft Camera Case for Digital Cameras
AmazonBasics Universal Soft Camera Case for Digital Cameras

2.0 out of 5 stars a mediocre product, 4 Dec. 2010
I've stashed this bag away for emergencies; as it is flimsy to take my camera out in and worse still
it has no shoulder strap and is too big to fit in my pocket. Luckily my old camera case fitted the new
camera!

The Hare with Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare with Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund De Waal

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating document /story, 4 Sept. 2010
I found this a really gripping read and learnt a lot about the atmosphere and traumas of being part of this wealthy successful Jewish family's history,through two World Wars. This is all understood through the author's search for the background of his extraordinary inheritance.

I read one review on Amazon though, before I bought the book, with which I really agreed, it was an AGONY - NOT - to have a proper illustration of the Netsuke.

Apple iPod Shuffle 1GB - Blue
Apple iPod Shuffle 1GB - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars totally satisfied customer, aged 8 years, 30 Jan. 2009
Ailsa aged 8 yearsold says shes totally satisfied with the product. I wondered whether there'd be enough room for all her favorites, but apparently it works for her.