Profile for zippy72 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Doobie Wonderland
Doobie Wonderland

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you remember?, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Doobie Wonderland (MP3 Download)
Acid Mothers Temple have done some wonderful stuff over the years, and this has immediately gone into my favourites list of their works. As usual, this is extended, psychedelic jams with a few links to the title. If you love AMT, you'll love this. If you don't yet love them, this is a great place to start. It's not as "out there" as some of their other albums, and none of the tracks are particularly long (well, by AMT standards anyway).

Not an essential purchase, but I'd very much recommend it to long term AMT fans as well as newcomers.

If You Got It at Five, You Got It at Fifty
If You Got It at Five, You Got It at Fifty

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 7 Oct. 2013
If you like early Napalm Death (and I LOVE early Napalm Death), you might think this would be to your taste. Unfortunately it's the usual, bland, formulaic shouty noise that passes for hardcore these days. You can clearly hear who this band want to be - Gallows springs to mind - but the truth is they can play, but based on this track, they just can't write good songs. Or even average ones, come to think of it.

It Takes A Worried Man - The Complete Series 1 - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
It Takes A Worried Man - The Complete Series 1 - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Tilbury
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Sept. 2013
I remembered this is being really funny. It's extremely funny. Peter Tilbury is excellent. The remastering is really good as well, and the programmes really stand up - they could have been made yesterday, barring the very 1980s sets! :)

To Sweden With Love
To Sweden With Love

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent, 19 July 2013
This review is from: To Sweden With Love (MP3 Download)
I love all sorts of jazz, but this is beautiful... relaxing, melodic... beautiful jazz arrangements of Swedish folk tunes... I can almost imagine listening to this in Gothenburg, snow lightly falling outside. Just wonderful.

Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 (PC)
Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer worth the effort, 23 Jun. 2013
I bought Sound Forge on a friend's recommendation - having used an earlier version years ago I remembered it as a lean, resource-light sound editor. Unfortunately this version is a resource-hungry snail, which insists on phoning home to Sony to validate my licence every time I start it up. So basically, Internet connection required folks.

Don't waste your money. Audacity has come along much further and faster than this, has more features, less resource use and doesn't crash so often.

200 Tracks for Lounge and Chillout
200 Tracks for Lounge and Chillout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, and some great tracks, 22 Jun. 2013
Another "bought on a whim" purchase - at the price I thought I'd give it a try. Well worth it, and haven't yet found anything in here that I dislike. Amazing value!

Trance Top 100
Trance Top 100

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trance Top 100 (MP3 Download)
This normally isn't my sort of music, but I saw the price, listened to the first two... to be honest, you can't really go too wrong at this price, but not only is this an unbelievable bargain I can't say I've found a bad track yet - although at a total of 12 hours long I haven't had chance to listen to it all! Superb, well recommended!

200ml Antistatic Vinyl Record Cleaner Cleaning Fluid Spray with Microfibre Cloth
Offered by Joe-Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works... and works well!, 14 Jan. 2013
I left this feedback for the original order: "I'm very impressed with this product. I picked one of my 'problem' records - it skipped literally every four or five seconds for its whole length. One application, no skips, played perfectly. Genuinely could not believe it, and I'm very happy."

To be honest, this now feels like a masterpiece of understatement: I'm delighted with this stuff. I sit there is awe, listening to what used to be a pretty sorry looking vinyl I picked out of the bargain bin sounding crisp and clear. It works even better than I thought it would. Doesn't matter what I use it on - 1950s 10" albums, modern stuff that's had a hard life, it doesn't seem to matter.

Obviously, it can't fix surface damage, and maybe a large part is that I'm surprised how much of it that looks like surface damage actually turns out not to be, but... but yes, I've used it numerous times now, and it never ceases to amaze me.

De Tijd
De Tijd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 2 July 2012
This review is from: De Tijd (MP3 Download)
Thought to myself "well, 69p... take a chance". Good call! This is really good, and although I'm already a fan of the avant garde, this is a really great piece, especially for listening to while working. Great sound quality too, I'm already looking out for other Andriessen, having never heard of the composer before. Love it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2013 7:38 PM BST

The Full Retard [Explicit]
The Full Retard [Explicit]

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost dreadful, 5 Jun. 2012
Not the worst song I have ever heard, but not far off. Imagine someone trying to sound like one of Gregg "Girl Talk" Gillis's mixes.. and failing. Yeah, you get the idea. Alas, the record companies will probably spend a lot of money promoting this, which is a shame. It would be better spent promoting something with more talent... like Vanilla Ice, maybe, or Milli Vanilli.

Avoid.