Profile for R. H. Burke > Reviews

Content by R. H. Burke

R. H. Burke (London Town)

Mlb 14 the Show
Mlb 14 the Show
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Mlb 14 the Show (Video Game)
I love this game. I play this game almost daily. I watch MLB.TV whilst playing this game. I watch YouTube videos of other people playing this game!
Honestly, if you're a sports game fan this game is for you.
Its certainly not easy to play straight out of the box but it has a load of sliders so you can adjust the gameplay difficulty as you progress. It also has dynamic settings so the game will adjust as you get better.
Check out Amazon.com for more reviews if you want more feedback but essentially I highly recommend you buy it.

TomTom Rider v5 (Europe Maps, 4.3" Touchscreen)
TomTom Rider v5 (Europe Maps, 4.3" Touchscreen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reignite your Sunday!, 17 Mar 2014
This product has enhanced my weekend ride considerably with the new 'winding roads' option. To often I would choose a point on the map and head towards it, trying to avoid the main arteries as they are not the reason I was out there ...I'm a fairweather rider and will happily admit it. Now I can pre-plan a spot, head to it and enjoy the ride.
It also gives clear instructions via a headset including speed cameras and excessive speed warnings, which I find useful.
The unit is pricey (compared to the car version ...why??) and is not much different than my previous Tom Tom One in terms of visual graphics but it is obviously more intelligent in terms of software. The supplied ram mount keeps the unit stable and lifetime maps is an obvious plus.
One word of warning though, if you have it set on the minimum setting it will take you down lanes that are little more than a farmers track ...often littered with gravel. Gravel is not your friend on 2 wheels.
I recommend the unit and would buy again.

The Best of Rose Tattoo
The Best of Rose Tattoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Rock n Roll, 21 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Best of Rose Tattoo (Audio CD)
Rose Tattoo are as the previous reviewer says, an incredibly underrated band. Possibly living under the shadow of their compatriots AC/DC.
This is their best of and every track is a stand out in my opinion. Pure chunky Rock n Roll at its best. Takes me right back to growing up in New Zealand and driving around in a Ford Capri with a mullet. Good times :)
If you love AC/DC you'll love Rose Tattoo.

HTC G2
HTC G2

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Magical, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: HTC G2 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Swapped my N97 yesterday because of a whole host of various problems for the HTC Magic. On a scale of 1 to 10, the N97 gets a fat 1 and the Magic gets a juicy 10.
The phone itself is incredibly user friendly. Forget syncing your old contacts, simply update your gmail contacts and everything simply updates directly to the Magic.
Virtually all the apps are free!
The 3 home screens feature is great and the Magic runs the twitter, facebook and lastfm apps perfectly.
Highly recommended.

Cons - Videos/BBC Iplayer are a bit grainy and the camera does not have a flash.

Electronic Arts Official Rock Band Guitar (PS2/PS3)
Electronic Arts Official Rock Band Guitar (PS2/PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock God!, 9 Aug 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Loads of fun! My wife plays Rock Band with me but otherwise does not touch the PS3. Truly a game for all the family and brilliant with a few drinks.
In my opinion much better than Guitar Hero due to the fact you can initially just have the guitar and add drums/mic as you wish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2010 10:10 AM BST