Profile for FiggyB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Expats
The Expats

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this!, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
I managed to get this for 20p, which was the main reason I initially bought it.

I loved it!! It was well written and fast paced, I couldn't put it down. I will definitely be looking out for other work by this author now and have since recommended this to other friends who have a Kindle.

Mum and Dad's Boat mug set.
Mum and Dad's Boat mug set.
Offered by Wiz Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was hoping for, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Mum and Dad's Boat mug set.
Nice simple design, well packed and sturdy construction. Reasoanably priced for a gift. Just hope the rents like them now :o/

Echo Burning (Jack Reacher, Book 5)
Echo Burning (Jack Reacher, Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the strongest, 13 Nov. 2012
Although this was as well written as all the Reacher novels I did not feel the plot was as strong as some of the others. It took a while to get going and did not really grip me until half way through.

I think this is also the first one where Reacher didn't get laid too. Poor Reacher.

O'Neill Slender Women's Gloves Powder White Medium
O'Neill Slender Women's Gloves Powder White Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem like they will be great, 8 Nov. 2012
Although I haven't yet tried these out on the slopes, they do appear as if they will be more than suitable for what I need. They are very comfortable with no scratchy bits. The fastening is a *little* awkward with the poppers, but I do like the look they give and I expect they will ease a bit over time and use.

They are very stylish, and true to size - I have bought the medium and they are not at all bulky whilst still being very warm and padded. Also I think they are extrememly good value for money.

Can't wait to get out to the Alps and try them out!

Three Feet of Sky: Book One
Three Feet of Sky: Book One

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd..., 8 Nov. 2012
Although other people have written glowing reviews about this book, I have to admit I struggled a little with it. Please do not read any further if you do not want inadvertant spoilers.

Although I found it interesting from the start, and I did like the premise, I then struggled to find any empathy with the characters. I realise this may be deliberate by the author - frankly I would not want to spend eternity with *any* of the characters in the viro, they were all horrific.

Other people have mentioned the extreme violence but that did not particularly bother me, I tend to read quite quickly so do not really absorb the mental images projected. The book also ended very abruptly on a rather large cliff hanger which I think is a hook by the author to generate interest for the sequel. And I have to confess it might just work on me.

So all in all, the book was a little odd for me. Whilst I felt it to be very good value for money at the reduced price I purchased it at, it did take me a long time to really get into it. Having said that, my interested is piqued somewhat to know what happens next. So I appear to be giving a fairly inconclusive review, and it seems the best I can do.

Die Trying (Jack Reacher, Book 2)
Die Trying (Jack Reacher, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 10 Sept. 2012
The second Reacher novel in the series, and he has developed more into the character we know today. Begins 8 months after the end of the last novel and 14 months after his being decomissioned, this plot shows another facet of Reachers character. Another well written novel with a well structured plot, yet again quite original in its premise, this is a page turner from start to finish.

I love Reacher, I'm not ashamed to admit it, and am very much looking forward reading all the other novels in the series.

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1)
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a bit of Reacher, 10 Sept. 2012
Having read many of the later Lee Child novels about Reacher, I thought it was about time I went and read the earlier ones. So I decided to start with the first...

Whilst definitely being a Jack Reacher novel, I found the character wonderfully underdeveloped from the Reacher we know and love today. Set just 6 months after he's decomissioned from the military he has not yet become the strong, decisive and calm character we know and love today, although he does carry many of the traits and you can see how the character will develop.

In and of itself Killing Floor is a very gripping story with a very good plot, and certainly something very different from the usual run of the mill action thriller novels, especially for a debut. You can see how Lee Child has become the powerhouse he is today. I am now in the process of buying all the Reacher novels, I love the character and Child's ability to create new and interesting story lines with each new book.

Tune In Tokyo:The Gaijin Diaries
Tune In Tokyo:The Gaijin Diaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and entertaining account, 10 Sept. 2012
Whilst I have no idea of what life is like in modern day Tokyo, I got the impression that this account is very true to life.

The author manages to be both witty and slightly irreverant whilst also writing a very descriptive and easy to read novel. It was well structured and kept me interested, and made me giggle out loud in places. He is a very outrageously wonderful character. Tim seems to be a very honest man and certainly engineered in me a desire to see Tokyo at least for a vist, if not to live.

I considered this book very good value for money and I would certainly buy one of his novels again.

Brabantia Bin Liner G, 30 Litre - 40 Bags
Brabantia Bin Liner G, 30 Litre - 40 Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, 21 Aug. 2012
There's not a lot that can be said about bin bags, but I was very impressed with the speedy shipping and also value of this item. To buy over the counter Brabantia bin bags can be very expensive - I hadn't realised just how many bags I was getting for my money with this purchase. Won't need to buy any more for a couple of years now I think!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3