Profile for Mike H > Reviews

Everything I know about teaching
by Mr Michael Gove
Price: 4.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to hold close to your buttocks, 17 Oct 2013
I bought this book on the afternoon of 9th October 2013. It was a bit of an impulse purchase, and I had several other books I hadn't got through yet, so I wondered for a while about the futility of this buy.

Then I thought to myself - why not hold it close to my buttocks?! And in a delicious stroke, my problem was solved. Since then, several times a day, I just hold this book next to (just about touching) my left or right buttock, and I do this for approximately 10 minutes each session (I am hoping to graduate to the full half hour in due course, perhaps by xmas).

After the buttock-Gove-touching-each-other session is over, I simply put the book down. Then later on, I return, pick up the book, and do the same thing.

My buttocks have never had so much literary attention, and to be honest, I can't see any of my other books being able to fill this hitherto-unknown void in my life. It's Gove all the way for me.

Buy this book, and hold it close to (preferably touching) your buttocks. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Hama Mobile Phone Sock - Apple Green
Hama Mobile Phone Sock - Apple Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous, 25 July 2013
I'm sorry, but I'm not spending a penny over 13 million for this product. This is money-grabbing by stealth, and I simply won't have it.

Mark Steel's In Town
Mark Steel's In Town
by Mark Steel
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, funny and informative, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Mark Steel's In Town (Paperback)
Managed to pick this up for about 1.99 on the Kindle edition in a sale. And what a bargain. Even at full price, still well worth getting. Very funny throughout, Steel's observations on the quirks of British life and our towns are entertaining and excellent.

International Cricket Captain 2009 (PC DVD)
International Cricket Captain 2009 (PC DVD)
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 0.28

4.0 out of 5 stars simple but effective, 3 May 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Wouldnt disagree with what the previous reviewers have written here. It's a simple game, as you click your way through a domestic or international cricket match, but is strangely engrossing.
Scores are mostly realistic, with excessively high or low innings a rarity. Graphics much improved from previous versions. You can choose training for players (technique training or net practice), allocate physio sessions, promote youth players and prepare pitch types. There's a few in-game options (which are enough, in my opinion, although some may prefer more sophisticated control of what happens during the match), such as batsman aggression, field settings, batsman shield a tail ender from the strike, attack one bowler more than the other etc.
There is also a wealth of stats, useful when deciding which players to keep in your county squad, which youth players to offer contracts to, and whether some precocious talent is worthy of an international call up.

If you want a really in depth sports management, go for Championship Manager etc. This game is much less sophisticated than that, but it really passes the time (and probably about 1/1000th of the budget). Good game, and an improvement on previous versions.