Profile for V. R. B. Browning > Reviews

Content by V. R. B. Browning

V. R. B. Browning

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
6 x Dinner Bistro Candles Non Drip Table Stick Tapered Taper Candls Colour ColorColour:Random Mix of Colours
Offered by Britwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good candles, 10 Nov. 2013
These candles are relatively cheap compared to what you can buy in the high street, but as I wanted 2 of each colour I ordered them twice, so they'll last me a little while.

Triratna Dharma Training Course Year 2
Triratna Dharma Training Course Year 2

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a training course, 10 Nov. 2013
This is to be used as a study guide for people who are involved with the Triratna Community and who want to go deeper into the Dharma as taught by Sangharakshita and his disciples. You need to be a 'practising' Buddhist to get the full benefits, as Dharma study is there to change us, not just be of academic interest. It is practical in the sense of knowing what we have 'to do' as well as examining our views, that underly our behaviour. So this is good stuff.

St Eval Rustic Dinner Candle Gift Pack - Atlantic Green x 6
St Eval Rustic Dinner Candle Gift Pack - Atlantic Green x 6
Offered by Casa Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I ordered, 10 Nov. 2013
They were just the colour I thought they were going to be and are good non-drip candles. I will order again sometime.

Modern Country Homes in England: The Arts and Crafts Architecture of Barry Parker (Cambridge Urban and Architectural Studies)
by Dean Hawkes

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandfather, 12 July 2013
I was interested to read this book as it is about my grandfather's work: one of the designers of the First Garden City of Letchworth. As well as being one of the founder architects, along with Raymond Unwin, my great uncle by marriage, Barry Parker also designed interiors and furniture: the ethos being that anything that is useful can also be beautiful. It is a period of architecture and design that I love.

Song of the Profound View
Song of the Profound View
by Geshe Rabten

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 8 July 2013
This is a good little book with helpful insights in it about the emptiness of all phenomena, especially into the non-fixedness of oneself.

Crocs Classic, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, Chocolate, 7 UK (M)/8 UK (W)
Crocs Classic, Unisex-Adults' Clogs, Chocolate, 7 UK (M)/8 UK (W)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 8 July 2013
These crocs are very comfortable. Although I didn't really mean to order mens' ones, as I'm a woman, they still fit OK.

El Naturalista Women's N730 Lila Ankle Boots 8 UK
El Naturalista Women's N730 Lila Ankle Boots 8 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight, 23 Jun. 2013
I loved the look of the boot and the length was just right but they were too tight and pushed on the joint of my big toe. I was surprised as I have slim feet: I used to be double AA but even given my feet have spread in getting older, being too tight was unexpected. A shame. I sent them back.

New Mens Cooler Brand Snugg Boot Slipper Microsuede Outer with Thick Fluffy Collar And Lining - To Fit UK Shoe Size 7-8 / 9-10 / 11-12, Brown Medium
Offered by Footwear Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 11 Jun. 2013
These slippers are very comfortable, warm and fit snugly, so I am very pleased with them and may try and buy another pair at some point.

Tales From The Barrel House [CD + DVD]
Tales From The Barrel House [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good musician that enjoys his 'trade'., 17 Mar. 2013
I love Seth Lakeman's work and this one didn't disappoint me. He played all the instruments on this CD, from a hammer and anvil to conventional instruments. He chose the theme of historic trades that are dying out and even recorded one track in the deepest mines of the ore miners. I've got all his CDs and you can tell his music and songs are developing with time. I love songs that tell a story so I can't wait to see what his new creations will be in his next album comes out. They are good CDs to play whilst driving!

Miss Savidge Moves Her House: The Extraordinary Story of May Savidge and her House of a Lifetime
by Christine Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars What a woman, 17 Mar. 2013
This is an extraordinary story of an eccentric, stubborn and an 'individual' woman. I enjoyed this book and the snippets of history that came to light in it, through her daughter-in-laws persistence in trying to finish the job that Miss Savidge started. Well worth reading

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7