Profile for Rob Alsop > Reviews

Content by Rob Alsop

Rob Alsop (Bristol UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hamma 5 Pack Carabina / Carabiner / Carbine Clip 6mm x 60mm - A4 316 Stainless Steel Marine Grade
Offered by Premier Fittings Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Aug. 2015
arrived quickly, as described.

Woodford's wherry 40 pint (3kg) home brew real ale kit
Woodford's wherry 40 pint (3kg) home brew real ale kit
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars if you're not wanting to mess about with whole grain brewing..., 18 Feb. 2015
You really can't go wrong with this kit. Its reputation amongst home brewers is well deserved; if you're not wanting to mess about with whole grain brewing this is the next best thing for producing a decent pint that you don't feel embarrassed serving to others!

Grisport Men's Avenger Hiking Boot Brown CMG627 11 UK
Grisport Men's Avenger Hiking Boot Brown CMG627 11 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Feb. 2015
Just bought my second pair after the soles split on the first pair. Very comfy, needed no breaking in.

Timberland Earthkeepers Stormbuck Chukka, Men's Boots, Dark Brown, 10 UK Wide
Timberland Earthkeepers Stormbuck Chukka, Men's Boots, Dark Brown, 10 UK Wide
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, what more do you want, 18 Feb. 2015
Really chuffed. Massive saving on the high street price, perfect fit, what more do you want?

LuvTab RED Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Multifunctional / Multi Angle Luxury Executive Wallet / Cover / Stand / Typing Case - Fits all versions / models

Home Brew - Balliihoo® Twin Lever Bottle Capper For Crown Caps
Home Brew - Balliihoo® Twin Lever Bottle Capper For Crown Caps

5.0 out of 5 stars Caps Bottles, 16 Aug. 2013
Does what it says on the box. No complaints from me. (These extra words are required to press the submit button).

Home Brew - Balliihoo® 5 Gallon Pressure Barrel / Beer Keg With Full 8 Gram Co2 Injection System & LCD Temperature Indicator

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 18 July 2013
Another review where I talk about regretting not having bought one of these before. Delivered perfectly, sterilised the same day and brew decanted from the FV. A bit of vaseline applied to the seal, and pressured up a treat with the supplied CO2 bulbs. A week later, still full of pressure and the brew is clearing nicely. I may buy another - not kidding!

Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars AI still hilarious, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
If you're into open world style FPS games, you can't go much wrong with this. I can't give it 5 stars (which I would to something like Skyrim which I just found completely immersive), for a couple of reasons - as the story does get a bit repetitive and silly, and many of the side missions just seem to be padding (the "wanted dead" missions are especially easy, even for me).

Finally the AI issues that were so evident in FC2 are still there (enemies running around like headless chickens or randomly driving off bridges when not even being shot at) which detract from the work that has obviously gone into making the game look so good.

Oh and I'm not keen on Uplay - what a waste of system resources that is.

AutoPot Easy2Grow Hydroponic 6 Pot Kit with 47L Tank
AutoPot Easy2Grow Hydroponic 6 Pot Kit with 47L Tank

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't why i hadn't bought one before, 4 July 2013
I'd been wondering whether to get one of these for my greenhouse for ages - if you go away for the weekend, you can't always rely on the neighbours to do the watering. Now I don’t have to remember to water every day, even when it’s really hot.
Very simple to set up, and I can see these being used for years.
As for the plants – my tomatoes and cucumbers are actually now out of control, they are growing so well, and just simple things like salad/rocket shoots up. Chilli and pepper plants also doing well. Don’t know why I didn’t get one before.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 31 Aug. 2012
When paying less than £20, I don't see how anyone can complain about these headphones. I'd come to replace my long serving and much battered pair of Sonys, and thought I'd give these a go. I'm not disappointed. They're not as comfy as my Sony MDR-V300s - or maybe I just need to get used to them, as Amazon has just pointed out to me that I bought the Sonys in 2005! Main thing is they eliminate much more of the sound around me, and that is a bonus in itself. My only gripe is that the lead is quite lightweight, again compared to my old headphones, so I probably don't expect them to last as long; but yet again, for less than £20 what do you expect? Would recommend based on the price alone.

Page: 1 | 2