Profile for MR DAVID WRIGHT > Reviews

Content by MR DAVID WRIGHT

MR DAVID WRIGHT

Punuco Clay Chimenea (Medium)
Punuco Clay Chimenea (Medium)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked within one hour of usage, 25 July 2015
This review is from: Punuco Clay Chimenea (Medium)
used it once a massive crack appeared down the neck within one hour, not robust at all. I have opened a dispute with the company and hope for a satisfactory resolution will keep you posted on the outcome.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Thing (2011) [DVD]
The Thing (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mary Elizabeth Winstead

3.0 out of 5 stars An ADEQUATE reproduction of a truely classic film!!, 10 May 2013
This review is from: The Thing (2011) [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched this film I must say that I was a little disappointed. I truly believe that it is no match for the original. The original film was dripping in suspense and I must admit I became engrossed in the sense of isolation and helplessness the characters felt. The reproduction for me was too animated and complex....yes the special effects were very good but they detracted away from the storyline of the film. This is true for many reproductions of old horror classics.....for me horror was invented back then and with thanks to truly talented directors like John Carpenter and George A Romero it was certainly portrayed and executed much better. This film lacked sustenance, after all what I wanted to experience was suspense, this was clearly absent and unfortunately left me craving for the real thing. Straight after viewing this film I put the original on and happily sunk back into its very engaging storyline. In conclusion to this day I have struggled to find any horror film that can compare to the olden day greats like The Thing, The Fog and The Shining to name but a few. Having said that some have come close these include, Dog Soldiers, Event Horizon, The Ring and so on.