Profile for E45TY > Reviews

Smith of Wootton Major
Smith of Wootton Major
by J. R. R. Tolkien

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have an hour to spare..., 16 May 2010
This review is from: Smith of Wootton Major (Paperback)
... Read this book!

It is no wonder that Tolkien is loved the world over, no wonder that Jackson's retelling of the Trilogy spawned a legion of new and loyal fans, no wonder that New Line and MGM struck an unprecedented deal to make sure that The Hobbit got the green light!

Smith of Wootton Major is a superb mini-ethereal adventure into the landscape of Tokien's vast imagination. Whilst most authors have struggled to shake off the shadows of their most celebrated works, Tolkien has weaved a beautiful and magical tapestry. There is no pretence from which one might expect, no desperate clinging on to Middle Earth but simply a thoughtful and humbling tale that allows us all to take a step back and consider everything that is around us, why it is there and to ultimately remember sometimes we must just let go of those things which we possess and hold dear to us for the greater good.

The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles, book 1)
The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles, book 1)
by Holly Black
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant distraction..., 16 May 2010
Whilst pursuing my goal of getting through the Penguin Classics I felt I had to find myself some relief from the intensity that Classics can often bring. Pinching a copy from the son of a friend, I approached the book with an open-mindedness and excitement that I can only attribute to when each of my Harry Potter books were read for the first time. Black and DiTerlizzi spin a fascinating tale putting directly in the path of the fantastical adventures of the newly displaced Grace children. And although the book is fairly short (certainly compared to most Classics!) it has certainly whet my appetite for the second book, which I am thankful is already in print. So no agonising wait for part 2! (Sorry Ms. Rowling!)

Tycoon
Tycoon
by Peter Jones
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this book if..., 22 April 2009
This review is from: Tycoon (Paperback)
... you are thinking of setting up a business/have a business idea, in the process of a start-up, looking for new direction/advice... This is a MUST read! I bought this book purely down to my appreciation of Jones' character and attitude to business. I was left inspired by his insightful and honest approach in sharing his thoughts, experiences and methods. Whilst some might find Jones' style a little patronising, if you are open-minded enough you will see that the no-nonsense stance "Tycoon" takes will put you in good stead, whether you are new to business or not. With a proven track record, Jones is not a person that can be so easily ignored.

Guess 'Roadblock' Gents Brown Leather Cuff Watch With Silver Dial
Guess 'Roadblock' Gents Brown Leather Cuff Watch With Silver Dial

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Bargain..., 22 April 2009
Finding this product, out of the blue, I couldnt believe at the great price. I am glad that, when I received my delivery, I was not in the least bit let down. This is a fantastic and stylish watch and I would urge anyone, who was looking for a watch, to strongly consider this classy time-piece.