Profile for G. Sherwood > Reviews

Content by G. Sherwood

G. Sherwood (Chester, UK)

L.G Harris 4393 ID Vanquish Roller
L.G Harris 4393 ID Vanquish Roller
Price: 6.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great roller. Shop around for the sleeves, 21 May 2014
I have found this to be a great roller and timesaver due to size of roller.
The paint loads well and goes on smoothly and evenly.
Not sure why others have issues here, maybe down to technique or quality of paint, Dulux once worked fine with mine.
Got a great even finish to a ceiling no problems.

Also shop around for the sleeves, some people complaining about the cost of the sleeves. Dont assume amazon are always cheapest. Currently on amazon a sleeve is 9.99, use google, on the Harris site at the moment the sleeves are less than 4. I ordered two from them and got free postage too.

Johareez .925 Sterling Silver 8.10 Carat Genuine Amethyst & White Topaz Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed for the price, 1 Oct 2011
I was not sure how good this would be considering the price but when the item arrived I was pleasantly impressed.
The bracelet has a nice weight to it and the Amethyst stones are a nice clear colour. It certainly looks like its worth more than the price paid.
The bracelet comes in a long red presentation box which to be honest I would rate as average, nothing special and of average quality.

Laughapalooza Joke Book (Phineas & Ferb)
Laughapalooza Joke Book (Phineas & Ferb)
by Kitty Richards
Price: 2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book for its target audience, 27 Jan 2011
Got this for my 6 year old son as a stocking filler.
As you might expect most of the jokes are simple and as an adult will make you groan or may have heard them before.
But then the book is not aimed at adults.
My son thinks they are wonderful it being the first time he has heard them and laughs again and again.
It encourages his reading and loves to read them out to us.

The fun part for the adult is trying to put on the "thats the first time I have heard it" face for the little ones :-)

Bosch Rotak 40 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower
Bosch Rotak 40 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower

1.0 out of 5 stars When a Bosch is not a Bosch, 15 Aug 2010
Well, I tend to try and keep with decent brands for equipment I expect to last a good while.
This mower was bought to replace one that had been going for about 15-20 years.

The Bosch was initially very good, cutting grass easily with the strong motor.
It cut evenly and right up to the edges using the side combs.

However its now just outside of its warrenty having been used only about 10-15 times and has now packed up.
Initially it started with a change in motor tone, it went very rough and sounded at a lower pitch.
Straight after it was followed by a very strong electrical burning smell and then the motor just slowed down and ground to a halt.

I looked up my local Bosch repair centre from the Bosch website only to be told they had not dealt with Bosch for a few years, great, good job at keeping your website upto date Bosch! I briefly explained the issue and the chap stated it was probably worth trying to access the belt drive to see if it had slipped.

I have just spent a couple of hours with the mower in bits, confirming what others have said about the amout of grass that can get inside the workings. But more alarmingly I noticed a lot of copper wire pieces in the drive housing. I removed about a dozen or more pieces upto about 1cm in length. I don't know if these are a product of the problem or the cause of it. There are many impacted inside the drive belt too. So pretty bad quality if these were left inside after manufacture.

All in all very disappointed in this product, and brand.
I think my next one will be the old traditional manual push type, all you need to do with those is sharpen the blade and oil it, bet it will last a lot longer than the Bosch electrical c***p.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2010 6:18 PM BST

Bosch PFZ 500 E All Purpose Saw
Bosch PFZ 500 E All Purpose Saw
Price: 72.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 16 July 2008
I have found this saw fantastic. And it comes with 2 blades one for wood, and one for metal and wood. So not sure why Mr Chesters did not have a metal/wood blade, I have sawn through big screws and bolts no problem.

I am currently digging out an old tree stump and this tool is cutting slices off it like cheese. I thought it might overheat but after 20 minutes continued use on the stump it was just warm.

I have had no problems sourcing other blades for it so would recommend it.