Profile for Rosalind Healy > Reviews

Content by Rosalind Healy

Rosalind Healy "fernhill gardener" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Warrior Workout With Ravi Singh & Ana Brett [DVD]
Warrior Workout With Ravi Singh & Ana Brett [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Brett

4.0 out of 5 stars really though!, 5 Nov. 2013
I thought long and hard and read lots of reviews before I purchased this video. I have other Ravi and Ana workouts and enjoy them a lot. This one is also fantastic but I feel potential buyers should be under no illusions. This is rock hard. I have practised yoga for more than 40 years and this is by far the toughest class I've tried. Other Ravi asnd Ana DVDs have been challenging but I have managed them on fourth or fifth try. I haven't made it through this one once as yet and often have to throw in the towel a third of the way through. Which I obviously don't like to do. However I consider this a challenge and will persist with it. If you love a challenge and /or are super fit you'll love this. The for stars is nothing to do with the quality or standards but just a little indicator that buyers might be surprised at how much harder this set is from their others.

Pizza & Bread Oven Thermometer For Outdoor Pizza Oven - VITCAS
Pizza & Bread Oven Thermometer For Outdoor Pizza Oven - VITCAS
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 24 Aug. 2013
Very pleased with this thermometer for the price. I've used it twice in our pizza oven which gets up to 400 degrees and it stood up to that no problem. It gets sooty in the smoke but you can wipe it carefully to see the temperature. Good buy and recommended.

Pizza Peel Small. 20" long with 9 x 6" blade.
Pizza Peel Small. 20" long with 9 x 6" blade.
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great paddle, 17 Aug. 2013
I searched for ages before settling on this pizza peel and we used it for the first time last night. It made pizza cooking so simple and authentic. I scattered corn meal (polenta flour) over it before lying my pizza dough on it, then putting the toppings on, then sliding it into the pizza oven. It worked perfectly and I really could not use the oven without this; I can see why they are such an essential piece of kit. Just the right size and shape - not too long and not too big. Oh and my first order was lost in the post (HOW DID THE ROYAL MAIL LOSE IT?) but the company sent a replacement immediately and with no fuss. Excellent service. Recommended.

Andrew James 33cm Pizza Stone Set With Heavy Duty Chrome Stand Includes Pizza Cutter
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 17 Aug. 2013
Used this pizza stone for the first time last night in my outdoor pizza oven and it worked brilliantly. Pizzas cooked in 90 secs - 2 minutes with lovely crispy bases and melted toppings. I recommend using polenta flour (corn meal) on your pizza paddle before you put the dough on. The pizza simply slides off onto the stone which is super hot. This makes a very authentic looking and tasting pizza. It is no longer a lovely cream colour of course - it is now a dirty brown - but I think that's how it should be and no doubt it will continue to age and be even more authentic. I haven't needed the chrome stand but the pizza cutter is very sharp and good.

Fat Free Yoga: Lose Weight and Feel Great - Ana Brett & Ravi Singh NOW w/THE MATRIX MENU OPTION! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Brett & Ravi Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy this so much, 2 Aug. 2013
I do like Ravi and Ana's yoga work outs. I am not convinced this will help me to lose weight but it's a relaxing and energising programme and I feel wonderful afterwards. The matrix option is a brilliant invention as you can create any session you like at any length and it flows quite seamlessly. I am in my late 50s and I do think this is a good yoga style for older people. It may not suit younger people who want a real hard, challenging yoga session.

Westland Resolva 24H Ready to Use Weedkiller 5 Litre
Westland Resolva 24H Ready to Use Weedkiller 5 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Best weedkiller, 2 Aug. 2013
I just won't bother with other weed killers after this. I got so fed up with useless stuff from the local hardware shop and garden centre that I splashed out on this and I am not sorry I did. I messed about a bit trying to set it up but this is entirely my own fault as I am totally non practical but managed it in the end and it works great. My partner is happy to use it and he is no gardener. Recommended.

Broken
Broken

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Broken (Kindle Edition)
Most people in the U.K. have been affected one way or another by the financial crisis that came to a head in 2007. Maybe there are some very rich people out there who have been safe from the anxiety that most of us feel but I don't know any of them, and it is the ordinary people of Britain that this book speaks for. We meet a rather extended family spanning several generations, each member being as recognisable as a friend or relative of our own. The book's narrative explores the impact of the worsening recession upon each of the family members. The author achieves this without polemic and with the lightest of touches, never veering into sentimentality or over stretching the point. The book describes a situation just slightly more extreme than the one we currently face. Seriously bad things happen because of the "credit crunch". As you read it you hope and pray that things don't get this bad, yet it takes very little imagination to foresee that they might. Queues of people trying to get their money out of failing banks isn't that far from the truth is it? The financial disasters in our close European nations should indicate that the line between everything being all right and the whole world falling apart is actually very thin.
Most of what I have read about the economic crisis is rather dry and distant but this made me accept how close it could be and how meltdown could impact upon me and my family however much I have tried to avoid those thoughts. I won't give away any plot details to spoil it for readers but there is a strong narrative that keeps you gripped and turning the pages. I read this on a long journey and I kept wanting to put it down and enjoy the scenery. But that was not possible; I just had to know what happened next. A salutary read that is also very enjoyable and I am glad to say it does not end on a negative note - well, not too negative....

Zen [DVD]
Zen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rufus Sewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this show, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Zen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an excellent series and shame on the BBC for not allowing it to grow and develop a fan base, as it most certainly would. Love all the gorgeous Italian scenery and backgrounds, not to mention the gorgeous main protagonists. Interesting, but not too impenetrable, plots that keep you engaged. The three episodes are more like three movies. Happy to recommend to people of taste and discernment.

Kundalini Yoga Transformer All-In-One Workout ALL LEVELS [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga Transformer All-In-One Workout ALL LEVELS [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Brett & Ravi Singh
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Kundalini, 9 July 2013
Enjoyable and challenging workout. Like the music and styling. Just need more time to do it as I think the benefits will accrue from constant use. If you are used to more traditional hatha yoga you will find this very different. I like to do both as they do impact on different aspects of your body and psyche.

Emilia Romagna (Michelin Local Maps) (Michelin Regional Maps)
Emilia Romagna (Michelin Local Maps) (Michelin Regional Maps)
by Michelin
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Michelin maps so cool, 9 July 2013
These are the best maps aside from Ordnance Survey. I bought this for my niece who is house-hunting in this region of Italy. I hope she will have many happy hours poring over it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8