Profile for Emma > Reviews

Funny Obsessive Disorder Computer Yellow Personalised Square Plaque
Funny Obsessive Disorder Computer Yellow Personalised Square Plaque
Offered by The Card Zoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Ensure this is what you want., 8 Jun. 2016
Take care this is really what you want. I searched mouse mats and this came up. Its the size of a mug coaster and heavy like a tile. To be fair to the seller, they have stipulated the size. They also personalized it and delivered fast. Just be careful you don' t think this is a mouse mat like I did. Really don't see a use for this but it is my fault not the seller.

Arthur in New York (Step Into Reading - Level 3 - Quality)
Arthur in New York (Step Into Reading - Level 3 - Quality)
by Marc Tolon Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Harmless and hold the interest, 2 Jan. 2014
I love the Arthur books ( and the TV show). The stories relate to real life eventualities and are always from the children's perspective which keeps little ones interested. Parts of the stories are quite funny but there is action and drama as well.
My favourite aspect is the books are polite and harmless. I would happily allow my 7 year old to read / watch Arthur and not worry that it contains anything scary, rude or otherwise inappropriate.

The Diaries of Samuel Pepys - A Selection (Penguin Classics)
The Diaries of Samuel Pepys - A Selection (Penguin Classics)
by Samuel Pepys

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and amusing, 2 Jan. 2014
Although this book is lengthy and I did find myself re reading some passages to understand the language better, it is overall a very interesting book. There is a fair amount on politics, parliament and the monarchy, but the majority concerns everyday life. That's the bit that is most interesting. Its fascinating to get an insight into what food was eaten, how people socialized and the etiquette etc back in the 17th Century.
Because the book is a diary, its easy to read small portions at a time and not get lost as might happen in other classic works.

The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge)
The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge)
by Jill Barklem

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime read, 14 Nov. 2013
I used to read these stories as a child. Having several stories in one book makes it very good value and good for bedtime. The stories are so sweet. Very harmless and with lovely illustrations. The wording is not babyish so you can read to older children. My daughter is 7 and loves it.

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 14 Nov. 2013
The media reviewers say they 'laughed out loud' and 'laughed till they cried'. I don't think I even giggled. It was mildly amusing at times but by the last third of the book I was putting in more reading hours, so I could get it finished and move onto another book. The story is about a middle aged woman who is fed up with life. She takes to her bed - I guess she has had a break down but refuses to acknowledge it. The books gives little insights into the lives of her immediate family members but then all of a sudden the book finishes with no proper conclusion as such.

Desert Scarf Black and White Lovarzi - Shemagh Mens and Womens Scarves - Scarfs for Men and Women
Offered by LOVARZI

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 14 Nov. 2013
Arrived quickly and is just the style I was looking for. Is warm and comfy ( soft material) and does the job perfectly.

Tudor Girl - Kids Costume 6 - 8 years
Tudor Girl - Kids Costume 6 - 8 years
Offered by Fun Ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 22 Oct. 2013
My daughters school were learning about the tudors and asked everyone to dress up. This costume was just the thing. I believe ordering it was cheaper than trying to buy fabric and making one.

The quality is basic but for just 1 days wear its fine. It was durable enough for what it was intended for and fitted well.

Arthur - Complete Series Three [DVD]
Arthur - Complete Series Three [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Oct. 2013
We bought this for our 7 year old who loves to watch Arthur when its on TV. Would highly recommend any of the Arthur DVD's as they are a little more 'grown up' than some cartoons or pre school shows and deal with real life issues so kids can identify with it.
The content is varied and funny and imaginatively presented. I like its harmless appeal. Unlike some TV shows the characters in Arthur are 'well behaved' and good role models. No worries about kids copying any bad habits from Arthur and his mates!

Don'ts for Wives
Don'ts for Wives
by Blanche Ebbutt

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful but also funny!, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Don'ts for Wives (Hardcover)
I enjoyed reading this book. It is short - can be read in one sitting- but it gives an insight into life in Victorian times and is quite funny because the advice is aimed at people with such a different lifestyle to our own. I will be buying the other books in the series.
This would make a funny little wedding gift.

Password Journal 8
Password Journal 8
Offered by Bargainmax Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as much fun as we thought, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Password Journal 8 (Toy)
My daughter was excited about receiving this product but has hardly played with it due to the problem with the voice recognition.
The password was a simple word, recorded in a quiet place but the diary just doenst recognise it.

We managed to open it but now my daughter refuses to record a new password incase it locks again. This means all we have ended up buying is a cheap notebook in a plastic case!

I would say buy a pretty old fashioned paper diary with a little padlock. It would be more useful, just as secret and a lot cheaper!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 5:53 PM GMT