Profile for Karl S Kaczmarek > Reviews

Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Copenhagen
Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Copenhagen
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars More variety expected, 13 Jun 2014
I was surprised by the limited range of musical styles represented. I thought there might be greater variations in languages used. The preponderance of English was disappointing. However overall it was not too bad.

A Perfect Contradiction
A Perfect Contradiction
Offered by Super CD's

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Stunner!!!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: A Perfect Contradiction (Audio CD)
When I heard the first single on youtube I was not quite sure what direction she was heading towards. After listening to the entire album I love the progression into a more soul rnb dance amalgam. Her first album had a more 1950's feel to it. The previous one veered towards a modern pop orientation. This new one lives and breathes on the dancefloor. Watchout Sophie Ellis-Bextor!

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite surprising!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
I was not expecting there to be a homogeneity to the vocal performance. What I Mean is that there is an unusual change from previous pop albums with vocalists. This recording has only one person and not more than one or more than one gender or age group represented(eg. Pictures In The Dark single, Discovery or Earth Moving). The bonus disc of instrumentals was quite a nice listening experience as well. This was a nice change from the past few releases.

Amarok
Amarok
Offered by EliteDigital UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Amarok (Audio CD)
I was not sure what to expect from this sound recording. It was reminiscent of earlier works such as Incantations, Tubular Bells, Ommadawn and Hergest Ridge but more cohesive since it was recorded with the CD length format in mind. Not bad

CZEKAJAC NA MILOSC
CZEKAJAC NA MILOSC
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea what he sings, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: CZEKAJAC NA MILOSC (Audio CD)
I do not speak or have any knowledge of Polish, but his music is quite enjoyable. Hopefully there will be more music soon.

Living For The Weekend
Living For The Weekend

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These Ladies, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Living For The Weekend (Audio CD)
Their sound recordings are so much fun and lively. It is a real shame that they have not yet cracked the North American market to the extent that others such as the Spice Girls did. I am hoping they will make a breakthrough.

The BRIT Awards 2014
The BRIT Awards 2014
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars All Is Well, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The BRIT Awards 2014 (Audio CD)
The star rating is for the quality of the actual manufactured product received, and not for the quality of the music. This I the first one I have found to be slightly disappointing.

Bruce Woolley And The Camera Club
Bruce Woolley And The Camera Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Feb 2014
I had only a limited expectation of what to expect. I was surprised by how diverse it was. I was only familiar with a remixed version of Video Killed The Radio Star. The album version was both lyrically & sonically different from the remix and the version from The Buggles. Still a wonderful album.