Profile for C. Tracey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Double Angel Wing Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace - On 18" Inch Chain
Double Angel Wing Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace - On 18" Inch Chain
Offered by M & M Jewellery

3.0 out of 5 stars I was very disappointed at the way this item arrived, 3 Dec. 2015
I was very disappointed at the way this item arrived. The outer box was bent and my post lady said there had been 'a chain hanging out.' On opening the box I found the necklace was loose from its box, the chain wasn't closed and was caught in the scratchy packing material. I managed to get the chain away from it safely and on closing the clasp, I could look at the necklace properly. The necklace itself is as advertised so I am pleased with it but it's not a cheap item and to my mind deserves to be packaged better.

Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad I did, 6 Sept. 2015
I hadn't read the book nor seen the TV etc., adaptations but on watching Neighbours (I know) this book was mentioned. As I had just finished one of my usual crime reads, thought I would try out Anne (don't forget the e) of Green Gables. I'm so glad I did; what a delightful story; great characters, great description; a compelling story from beginning to end.

The Secret Adversary (Tommy & Tuppence) (Tommy and Tuppence Series Book 1)
The Secret Adversary (Tommy & Tuppence) (Tommy and Tuppence Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I very much enjoyed the story, 27 Aug. 2015
I hadn't read Agatha Christie's Tommy & Tuppence but wasn't sure of David Walliams portrayal of said Tommy. So, ordered Tbe Secret Adversary to see for myself; I was pleasantly surprised. I very much enjoyed the story; Agatha did tell a good tale with an easy style of writing & came to the happy conclusion, Tommy & Tuppence are well represented in this BBC drama. I might well go on & read their other adventures!

Dew Womens Sterling Silver and Turquoise Heart Stud Earrings 3062TQ
Dew Womens Sterling Silver and Turquoise Heart Stud Earrings 3062TQ

5.0 out of 5 stars I love turquoise anyway & enjoy wearing it in the Summer, 2 Aug. 2015
Really lovely earrings. I love turquoise anyway & enjoy wearing it in the Summer. These earrings are small & neat. I am wearing these with turquoise drops & already have had compliments.

Womens Ladies Pyjama set Pjs Button up Loungewear Nightwear Candy Stripe (22/24, Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 4 Sept. 2014
I've tried to replace pj's before with not much luck. Not only was the material harsh but there was always a 'chemical' smell about them. Took a chance on ordering these and at last, I have what I want; soft material and No chemical smell. Very pleased.

Jasmine Silk 100% 16 Momme Charmeuse Silk Pillowcase With Cotton underside 50 x 75 cm
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars No more slipping, 19 April 2014
I am delighted with these pillowcases. Firstly, the price was very good when I bought mine but more than that, they have cotton backing. Such a joy not having to fight to keep my pillow on the bed and such a simple idea; don't know why other manufacturers haven't done the same. The pillowcases are lovely, feeling luxurious against my weary head. I think the silk does help to keep the wrinkles at bay too so that's another very good reason to purchase these pillowslips!

A.Vogel Atrogel - 100ml
A.Vogel Atrogel - 100ml
Offered by Health Plus Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant relief, 19 April 2014
I've used arnica before, mainly for bruises but I hadn't tried Avogel Atrogel. After reading an article about it being good as a pain relief for aches and pains I thought I would give it a try. Happily, it, as they say, does what it says on the tin because minutes after rubbing it onto my knees, I was pain free. I thought it was a fluke, thinking it might be mind over matter but I have used it again and had the same results. In rubbing it on to knees and shins, my hands also benefited so it was a win-win for me. I am about to do a cross-stitch and now have nimble fingers to do it. I am really pleased I bought this gel. I might add, this seems to be stronger than other arnica creams I've tried.

The Clocks: Complete & Unabridged
The Clocks: Complete & Unabridged
by Agatha Christie
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Poirot does it again!, 19 April 2014
I received this audiobook as a present but it was on my wish list. I like to listen to spoken word as I'm going off to sleep and I enjoy hearing Poirot mystery stories. The beauty of such a story, enhanced by the voice(s) of Hugh Fraser, is that it is interesting enough to keep me going back to it time after time. I listen on my ipod and have it on repeat so that what I miss, when I do fall asleep, I get to listen to on the second, third time around. Agatha Christie has written some jolly good tales and this is one of them. I shan't give chapter and verse here as you can read the synopsis on the website, suffice to say, it keeps you guessing.
Hugh Fraser does some really accurate and believable voices of the characters and I would only listen to him reading Poirot. I'm not terribly keen on dramatisations preferring one reader but I very much like HF's take on the characters in AC's books.
I must add, I also listen to these audiobooks when I am awake and driving or doing sewing; just so you know they can be heard at any time!

Ladies/Womens Soft & Extra Warm Winter Snood
Ladies/Womens Soft & Extra Warm Winter Snood
Offered by Universal Textiles & Footwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for a present, 12 Dec. 2013
This is a Christmas present and on first look I'm really pleased. I chose the silver one and it is really lovely. Soft and furry, has a classy feel about it and I am sure it will be very welcome.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

5.0 out of 5 stars complusive, hard to put down, 2 Sept. 2013
I knew this to be JK's work before I bought it so was expecting something between Harry Potter (read all those books) and The Casual Vacancy. What I didn't expect was a great, well told and well written book which kept me involved until I sadly finished it. I loved her characters, especially Cormorant Strike and Robin, his PA and I was totally involved in each page of well crafted writing. I loved her description of Strike's office and could see it, smell it, and like I say, was sorry to finish it. A really good detective story to lose yourself in. Roll on the next please!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3