Profile for Phil Rawlinson > Reviews

Content by Phil Rawlinson

Phil Rawlinson "PLRawlinson" (Reigate, Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Flagship "Hood": The Fate of Britain's Mightiest Warship
Flagship "Hood": The Fate of Britain's Mightiest Warship
by Alan Coles

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly a 'Flagship' book for anyone who want to know about HMS Hood, and about Naval attitudes etc. before and during WW2., 3 Sept. 2015
I was hooked from the very first page to the very end. So well researched, and so informative, while keeping track of the 'human' side of this great ships' life.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families
by Stephen R. Covey

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know to ensure that a family can be effective., 3 Sept. 2015
All the things a person needs to know if they want to help their family to be cohesive, happy and effective. Stephen Covey has real insight and expresses it so well.

The Little Prince (Collector's Colour Library, Colour Illustrated Edition)
The Little Prince (Collector's Colour Library, Colour Illustrated Edition)
by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

5.0 out of 5 stars The best little book that I've ever read., 3 Sept. 2015
The best little book that I've ever read. So simple looking, but contains as many layers as an onion. The more you think about what you read, the more there is to find. Wonderful.

Partners
Partners

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous album !, 3 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Partners (Audio CD)
Fabulous album of collaborations. Every track is superb !

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
by Stephen R. Covey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for people who want to do well in life., 3 Sept. 2015
Always wanted this book, and what a good deal it was, too. Thank you.

The Essential Will Young
The Essential Will Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 3 Sept. 2015
Great album, and excellent service via Amazon. Thank you.

Olympic 2000 Compact Exercise Bike - Black/Black
Olympic 2000 Compact Exercise Bike - Black/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 3 Sept. 2015
What a brilliant piece of equipment. My wife and I use it every day, and the physical workout it gives us is entirely up to us, via the adjustable resistance control. The electronic readouts are a good motivational assistance, as we strive to go further, harder or gentler (according to our mood) and all in the comfort of our own home ! Easy to assemble, with clear instructions. A great machine, and the current discounted price is fantastic value for money. 10/10.

This Blue World (Acoustic)
This Blue World (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Free download, as an extra to my purchase of the hard copy CD. Nice touch., 19 Mar. 2014
This acoustic version of the song on the new album is excellent, and as I've already mentioned, came free via the Cloud, as a gift when I purchased the hard copy of the new Elbow album, "The Take-off and Landing of Everything". The whole album is superb.

The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Elbow album so far, 19 Mar. 2014
My wife and I agree that this is Elbows' best album to date. It has some superb tracks, and amazing production, which combine to make this a delight to listen to.

When I Reach the Place I'm Going
When I Reach the Place I'm Going

5.0 out of 5 stars The Haley Sisters - Great, 27 Feb. 2014
I have been a fan for 20 years or so, and these young ladies ( and Brian ) never fail to give great performances. As sisters, their voices blend superbly, whichever of them sings the lead vocals. Their song choices are always excellent, and this album is no exception to that rule. What you hear on the album is what you get live. One of those rare teams that actually can reproduce the same 'live' quality in their studio recordings. They clearly love what they do, and it is evident here again. Great album !!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4