Profile for theclaimant > Reviews

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
by Max Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Z day is coming!, 16 Mar 2006
This is a fantastic book for anyone who wishes to prepare for the day that the dead walk the earth. Any possible quiestion you can think of about zombies is answered in this book. It also serves to debunk a lot of the common myths and ledgends which hollywood has spread about zombies. This book concentrates very much on stealth and how to not get caught when you are on the run. There is a small ammount of attack stratagy but the majority of the book concentrates on defence and remaining hidden. i'd strongly reccomend this book, it may save your life one day!

The Sims 2 (PC CD)
The Sims 2 (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy another game!!!, 6 Oct 2004
This review is from: The Sims 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
Buy another game!! Trust me!! Yes it's well thought out, but a little too much like the first sims game. True the graphics are slightly better and there are a few extra options but there really isnt much difference from the first game. I have hardly played this game since I bought it, I just find it so boring. I enjoyed the first sims game but like the first one, it is VERY repetitive. The general mannor of gameplay is simply anoying, it takes a long time to get into the game and even longer for it to begin being even remotely interesting. The controls are clumsy and the AI is stupid!!
Also, it runs very slowly even with the graphics quality turned right down (which looks absolutely awful) I have 3.0ghz P4, 512 Ram, 128mb ATi radeon 9800 pro and it takes between 3 - 5 just to begin playing. Aparantly min spec is, 32mb graphics, 256 Ram and 800mhz cpu... I can only imagine how badly it runs on min spec systems! Like I said, I have to turn the graphics quality right down which makes the game look the same (if not worse) as the first Sims in terms of graphics quality but it still takes longer to load the game and my system is far from minimum spec. Overall I give this game one star, the way eveyone kept on about it, I was expecting this to be the game of the century but I found it very dissapointing. You have been warned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2010 8:04 PM BST