Profile for Andrew Chapple > Reviews

Content by Andrew Chapple

Andrew Chapple

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nintendo Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - Black (Wii)
Nintendo Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board - Black (Wii)
Offered by DIGITAL24 DI DI BARTOLO ANTONIO

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and fun for all the family, 29 Sept. 2015
Does exactly what it says on the tin. No problems linking up with the Wii, the batteries last well and the build quality is very good.

ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, but there is a software issue - please read on, 29 Sept. 2015
I am a keen motorcyclist and bought this after two occasions when I've had to accept 50% liability for accidents that weren't my fault - purely because there were no independent witnesses. So what better than an impartial and unblinking eye to record every moment? There's an almost bewildering array of cameras on the market so I decided that I didn't want to review footage until after my 'trips', wanted something that was streamlined and wouldn't get in the way, would fix to my helmet, waterproof and easy to switch on and off. I got all that and at a very reasonable price. However, a word of caution... the computer software that goes with this camera is called Storyteller and it requires Apple's Quick Time 7 in order to function. Quick Time 7 WILL NOT WORK AT ALL if your PC/Laptop' operating system is Windows 8, 8.1 or in my case 10. I contacted Contour via e-mail and their customer support did try and help, but until Apple update Quick Time, they are banging their heads against a brick wall. So, I cannot set the camera's time/date up. The good news is that Windows Media Player, Microsoft Silverlight or Cyberlink Media WILL play your footage and you can upload so you can edit it.
All that said, I am delighted with this camera, the picture quality and the ease of its operation.

TRIPLE BUNK 3ft & 4ft WHITE with Mattresses ENMORE Solid Wood
TRIPLE BUNK 3ft & 4ft WHITE with Mattresses ENMORE Solid Wood
Offered by comfy-living

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable product, but please read on, 29 Sept. 2015
We bought this because we needed a compact solution to only having a two bedroom house and having grandchildren to stay now and again. We felt that it was a reasonable price for what one gets, but knew that the quality of finish wasn't going to be 'high end'. On arrival it was obvious that the packaging had been repaired with parcel tape, but the wooden parts were undamaged. However, the pack of fixings was missing which meant a telephone call to the supplier was needed. Give them their due, they were apologetic and dispatched a pack via first class post. The knock on effect though was that my 'hired help' ( a friend's teenage sons) weren't available so I had to erect it on my own... a bit of a struggle when it comes to the long pieces. Oh, and read the instructions carefully and allow yourself all day to construct it as taking your time will pay off. The frame seems to be robust enough, but it's yet to be 'road tested' so I can't say what it's like to sleep on.

Modern Silver Chrome 3 Way Pendant Ceiling Light
Modern Silver Chrome 3 Way Pendant Ceiling Light
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal dining room light, 29 Sept. 2015
We bought this to illuminate the dining area of our through lounge and we are delighted with it. Installation was very easy and whilst the majority of the light it gives off is 'directed' at the table underneath, the rest of the area is well lit too.

Globo 5668-3D Sienna G9 33 Watt 3 Bulb Chrome Ceiling Lamp
Globo 5668-3D Sienna G9 33 Watt 3 Bulb Chrome Ceiling Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good buy, 29 Sept. 2015
My partner was immediately taken with this when she saw it on Amazon's website and, upon delivery, she was even more pleased with it. I found it easy to install and it has finished off our back bedroom perfectly.

Chrome Ceiling Light with Suspended Clear Acrylic Droplets
Chrome Ceiling Light with Suspended Clear Acrylic Droplets
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely product at a reasonable price., 29 Sept. 2015
We bought this for our master bedroom and it has really finished the look of the room off beautifully. Delivery was prompt - as usual - and the packaging was intact, installing it was relatively easy although the diameter of the 'base' makes it a little awkward to hold up when one is attempting to fix it to the ceiling. That said, the end result makes it well worth the effort.

RCR Opera - 7 Piece Sherry Set (Decanter + 6 Glasses) Boxed
RCR Opera - 7 Piece Sherry Set (Decanter + 6 Glasses) Boxed
Offered by Albero Group

5.0 out of 5 stars A very reasonable purchase, 25 Aug. 2015
I bought this as a gift for my parents, on their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. They were delighted with the set. I thought that the quality was very good and it looked a bit more expensive than it cost.

NCIS: Los Angeles, Season 6
NCIS: Los Angeles, Season 6
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Every bit as good as the 'original' NCIS series, 15 Aug. 2015
Both me and my partner never tire of watching this highly entertaining series. The characters, the storylines and the action sequences are believable and reflect current events in the real world. The action and the drama are added to by the friendships, comradeship and the humour. We both would highly recommend watching all 6 series.

The Following: Season 3
The Following: Season 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2015
Every bit as good as seasons 1 & 2!

The Following: The Complete Second Season
The Following: The Complete Second Season
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant series! We watched the first season on Prime ..., 17 Jun. 2015
This is a brilliant series! We watched the first season on Prime and felt that it was well worth the money to buy season 2. Kevin Bacon is excellent as Ryan Hardy... a bit like Jack Bauer in 24 - in fact I feel that The Following is like 24 without the clock. Chilling at times, unpredictable and there's lots of "I didn't see that coming" moments that take you by surprise. A 'must see' for all action thriller addicts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4