Profile for C. Marshall > Reviews

Content by C. Marshall

C. Marshall (Brighton, UK)

Stellar 7000 26cm Frypan - Non-Stick
Stellar 7000 26cm Frypan - Non-Stick
Offered by Housey Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 14 Feb. 2009
Can't fault this frying pan. I bought it to complete a Stella pan set, and I've had no problems with it in over a year. Heats well on electric as well as gas, and the non-stick coating has never faltered.

Belkin Pro Series Firewire 800 Cable 9Pin- 9-Pin 1.8M
Belkin Pro Series Firewire 800 Cable 9Pin- 9-Pin 1.8M
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than cheaper Lindy, 14 Feb. 2009
Having bought a lindy cable, these are much better build quality (i.e. don't fall apart like the lindy) and they're only £3 more.

A4 Sized Playing Cards. For the big gamblers out there.
A4 Sized Playing Cards. For the big gamblers out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for "Play your cards right!", 14 Feb. 2009
Cards are okay, certainly large. But if your using them for "Play your cards right" they're no good. The backs do not look like normal cards. "Giant Playing Cards" elsewhere on Amazon are better and cheaper.

LINDY FireWire 800 Cable, 9 Pin Beta Male to 9 Pin Beta Male, 1m
LINDY FireWire 800 Cable, 9 Pin Beta Male to 9 Pin Beta Male, 1m
Offered by ExpressPro

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 14 Feb. 2009
The cable works as it should but frankly the build quality is shoddy. The plastic ends fall off when removing from computer/device. Get the Belkin, its only three quid more.

Sony BDPS350 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p Full HD
Sony BDPS350 Blu-ray Disc Player 1080p Full HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great player from Sony. Great service from Amazon., 14 Feb. 2009
Firstly I have little to add to the other reviews of this player. Frankly at the price its a fantastic bit of kit. But the first one I received proved to be faulty and I'd just like to say something of Amazon's after service.

I bought this for my parents for Christmas, who had just bought a new Sony 1080p TV, but hadn't got anything HD to attach to it. It worked for two days till we did the software update over the internet. The update was painfully slow, and afterwards the machine would shut down after a few minutes (playing a disc or not).

I thought returning the player would be a chore, having never had to return anything to Amazon before, but I was pleasantly surprised. The process was incredibly simple, and we had a new player in a matter of a few days no questions asked.

I honestly think we were really unlucky with our first player. The new one has been flawless. But knowing how great the after service is, is just another reason to shop at Amazon.

Joby Gorillapod - SLR
Joby Gorillapod - SLR

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for digital camcorders, 22 Jan. 2008
Having purchased this for my fathers birthday, he couldn't be more pleased. I'ts early days yet but it works great. We decided to go for the SLR version so that he could use it with his digital camcorder we got him for christmas, and it handles the extra weight no problem. Time will tell if holds its strength (as noted by other reviews) but for the moment this quite ingenious, compact device gets the thumbs up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2010 11:41 AM GMT