Profile for Javier > Reviews

Content by Javier

Javier (Ciudad Real, Spain)

Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe
Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon in the Universe
by Peter D. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars A compulsory reading, 29 July 2009
An enticing, accessible book on how and why life has evolved on our planet, and why complex life might be a rare exception in our cosmos. It should be a compulsory reading for teenagers in high school ... and also for politicians. It may help them appreciate the true value of life and what is relevant for our survival.

Are You the One for Me?: How to Have the Relationship You've Always Wanted: Knowing Who's Right and Avoiding Who's Wrong
by Barbara De Angelis

5.0 out of 5 stars A realistic, extremely helpful book, full of good sense, 26 May 2008
.... yet hard to accept. I wish I had read it before I started relationships that were doomed to fail. This would have saved me (and my partner) unnecessary pain. After reading the book, I still made a wrong decision, but I realized it from the beginning. Man is the only animal that trips over the same stone twice. However, the second time you foresee the outcome much sooner and protect yourself. Follow Barbara's advice. She is definitely right.