Profile for Dawneh > Reviews

Content by Dawneh

Dawneh (MERSEYSIDE United Kingdom)

Lenormand Thirty-Six Cards: An Introduction to the petit-Lenormand
Lenormand Thirty-Six Cards: An Introduction to the petit-Lenormand

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Lenormand students, 30 Jun 2014
If you want to learn how to read Lenormand then you can do no better than getting a copy of this book. The accessible writing and clear explanations make this book a must and a wonderful tool that I cannot recommend highly enough.

The author's years of experience shine through on every page and you can't go far wrong when you have such a well respected reader guiding you through your Lenormand journey

A Whole Lotta Shakers
A Whole Lotta Shakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowzers, 15 Feb 2014
What a brilliant album - great mix of classic beat tracks and originals - and you can't tell them apart The Shakers own songs blend in perfectly, but then what else would you expect from such masters of the beat era.

Anyone who loves this music will not be able to help but love this album - and this band - and if you don't love this era of music just try it... you might just love it!!

Now get yourself down the Cavern and see the guys in action... they never fail to deliver

Other Halves
Other Halves

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Other Halves (Kindle Edition)
When you enjoy an authors work there is always that slight fear that, when you start a new book of theirs, you might not enjoy it as much as previous ones. As yet this has never been the case with Nick's books.

Other Halves was a joy to read from the opening words to a slightly teary (for me as well as the characters sometimes) end. As with all good books I was torn between the desire to read it all as fast as possible so that I could see what happened and yet take my time and make it last... the former won out in the end as I just couldn't resist the "one more chapter" urge.

This book is a wonderful sequel to The Half Life of Hannah and I think you benefit from having read that book first, although I'm sure it would be an enjoyable read without trying the first book why miss out on that part of this great story?

I think one of the strengths of Other Halves is how the narration is split between the two main characters - giving a balanced view of each makes you sympathise with them equally whereas if it was just from one POV the other character could have ended up coming off badly - after all they do both make some major errors in judgement along the way.

A great book with laughter and tears and love... my only real complaint would be that I WANT MORE!!!

The French House
The French House

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bon!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
The Case of the Missing Boyfriend was the first of Nick's books I ever read and so I was especially pleased when I discovered that it was to have a sequel. While I'm sure that The French House would stand up fine as a read on its own I think you certainly benefit from reading about the life of CC and her friends that lead up to this book.

As with its prequel The French House has its fair share of ups and downs, tears and laughs... and a few odd - and sometimes outright scary - characters.

I admired (and possibly envied) CC's brave choice to take a leap of faith and follow her heart and as such I certainly felt for her when several obstacles started getting in the way of the happy dream.

I love Nick's style of writing, he brings to life very believeable and human characters and makes us care for them with ease.

Already waiting for his next book... write faster man!!!

The Half-Life Of Hannah
The Half-Life Of Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Not half bad, 17 Sep 2012
This started off a lot slower than Nick's other books and at first I wasn't sure it was going to grip me ... Then before I noticed I was hooked and have just spent the afternoon devouring the second half of the book. The characters draw you in without you even noticing.

Hannah leads a simple, ordinary - dare we say boring - life... but then the more "exciting" lives that she sees through her sister Jill and friend Tristan dont seem all that great either... so maybe she's just better off as she is... not like there is any other option open to her... Is there?

It wasnt until I had finished the book and thought about it that the slow start actually made more sense - really bringing home the ordinary - compared to what was to come.

Nice one Mr Alexander :)

Ramin
Ramin
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Ramin (Audio CD)
What an album... what a voice! A wonderful mix of tracks which truly showcase this incredible talent - an album with the ability to appeal to musical lovers and those who've never even heard of Phantom alike. This man is gonna go far!

Sleight Of Hand (50 Reasons series)
Sleight Of Hand (50 Reasons series)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ending..., 19 May 2011
This really was the perfect ending to a wonderful series - even if I do rather hope that it ISNT actually the ending!!

Over the series we followed the main character through a series of (often disasterous) relationships and Nick manages to keep you wonderinf if poor old Mark will ever get things right...

I would recommend this - and all of Nick's other books - to anyone who enjoys a good read

The Case of the Missing Boyfriend
The Case of the Missing Boyfriend

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Read, 11 April 2011
I cant believe I havent already reviewed this book - what a terrible oversight! This was the first of Nick Alexander's books I think I read - the summary sounded quite interesting and it seemed worth a try!

I can honestly say I am so glad that I decided to give it a go as not only is this a brilliant read but it also introduced me to all of Nick's other books - which I then proceeded to consume at a rapid rate until there were sadly none left!

CC is a character that I think most single women of a certain age range can relate to and Nick writes her so well that you forget it was written by a bloke! With her interesting circle of friends and romantic encounters I found this book a real page turner and I now await the sequel with baited breath

Paul Mccartney: Put It There [DVD]
Paul Mccartney: Put It There [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paul Mccartney
Offered by ELITEUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul McCartney - Put it There, 13 Jan 2004
Excellent behind the scenes view of Macca and band.