Profile for Brendan Dawes > Reviews

Content by Brendan Dawes

Brendan Dawes (Manchester, UK.)

Drobo DR04DD30 4-Bay FireWire 800/USB 2.0 DAS Enclosure
Drobo DR04DD30 4-Bay FireWire 800/USB 2.0 DAS Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful form and function, 1 April 2009
Drobo is a beautifully designed product, both in looks and what it actually does. Within seconds of taking out of the box I was up and running after slotting in two 1TB drives (one of which was salvaged from an old drive).

The whole product is really well thought out - from the removable magnetic front cover that includes a guide to the lights on the front, to the LED display of how much space you have left. I've had it for about 4 months and it's given me pain free service, storing my music and movies. I've now bought the Droboshare (previously connected with firewire 800) to turn it into a NAS to deliver movies to Boxee on my Apple TV via gigabit ethernet. The Drobo replaced three other drives, so now I just have the Drobo as my main storage device that I can expand when needed.

Yes it's expensive, but this is a premium product, lovingly designed and works like it should. Worth every penny and the best thing I've bought in a long while.

Songs For Swingin' Lovers
Songs For Swingin' Lovers

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive Sinatra recording!, 7 Mar. 2000
If you only ever buy one Frank Sinatra album, but this one. Forget the compilations, this album captures Sinatra at his best, with Nelson Riddles superb arrangements. Everyone should own this record. Perfection!