Profile for Linda D Read > Reviews

Linda D Read

The End of the Road
The End of the Road

4.0 out of 5 stars Love a good mystery!, 28 Jan. 2015
Instantly engaging, I was hooked from the first page. Didn't really want the mystery solved because I was enjoying the suspense so wish it had gone on longer. Good read, hope to see more from this author!

Panasonic DMC-TZ30EB-K Compact Camera - Black (14.1MP, 20x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 7 Nov. 2013
Prompt delivery. excellent condition & very good value for the money. Half the price I nearly paid for brand new later model but this has all the functions i need & many more. It couldn't be easier to use on smart auto, panoramic etc, picture clarity great & zoom amazing. Still learning about manual settings & options, lots to play with!

The King's Daughter (Thornleigh 2)
The King's Daughter (Thornleigh 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book, 2 Oct. 2013
Compulsive reading, I really enjoyed this book & felt I was learning some history too about an era I knew little of.

The Likes of Us
The Likes of Us

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Likes of Us (Kindle Edition)
I'd long forgotten about Stan Barstow over years of savouring female writers. When I came across the name again I was curious & wanted to take a look. So glad I did. Down to earth, socially aware, captivating, a welcome blast from the past with characters varied & real. I guess it would appeal to the older reader, like me, but good story telling is ageless.

Ali and Ramazan
Ali and Ramazan

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Ali and Ramazan (Kindle Edition)
A sad tale but a very engaging one, beautifully written. A chillingly true illustration of the life long devastation caused by childhood trauma in any time or culture. I couldn't put it down so it's a good job it's quite short because it's 3am now.

Peaches for Monsieur le Curé
Peaches for Monsieur le Curé

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 14 April 2013
Joanne Harris wonderful as ever with her hints of magic & intrigue woven with beautiful imagery & a story you just have to get to the bottom of so it's impossible to put down.
Linda

The Last Dance and Other Stories
The Last Dance and Other Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars A true delight, 20 Jan. 2013
Lovely engaging stories. I thought that this book would be handy to dip in & out of on holiday but actually I read it at one, too brief, sitting because I couldn't put it down. Certainly left me wanting more.