Profile for P. mathias > Reviews

Content by P. mathias

P. mathias "havoc76" (London calling)

Born To Run: 30th Anniversary Edition [2 DVD + 1 CD]
Born To Run: 30th Anniversary Edition [2 DVD + 1 CD]
Price: 24.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Bruce, you're spoiling us!, 12 Nov 2005
This is just amazing, I am locked away in my study and ain't coming out 'til its finished...I may be some time! Celebrate the 30th anniversary in style with goodies one could never have dreamed of; as I write the Hammersmith dvd is blasting away and it has erased all memories of the old vinyl bootlegs and dodgy vhs footage, the quality is a dream. Now I wasn't there and never claimed to be but how I wish I had been; I'd flunked my o'levels at boarding school and repeated the 5th form so couldn't get a pass out (I'd already seen Zep and booked the next year for Bowie, it was easier to get out of Colditz than that school), with hindsight and if I'd known he wouldn't be back 'til '81 I might have chosen more wisely but now I can see what I missed. The documentary dvd is an essential study of how this epic album came to be with more stunning footage never seen before. Last but not least the digitally remastered cd enhances the album that has been so engraved into the soundtrack of my life that it is like meeting an old lover to rekindle the passion, with 30 years of experience and sweet memories. Thank you Bruce, these past few years you've really given us that bit extra; it's a shame the next album to hit 30 is still 3 years away...I can't wait!

Live: 30th Anniversary Edition (2CD)
Live: 30th Anniversary Edition (2CD)
Offered by Townsend Records
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Golden Age of Rock'n'Roll!, 13 July 2004
this stunning re-issue restoring the live sets as they should have been released on vinyl back in 1974 brought back all the glorious memories of one of the greatest live bands EVER! If you were ever lucky enough to see them or want to know what your Dads were rocking out to back then this is a 'must-buy'. The packaging is top class, the booklet informative with great pics and best of all the sound is incredible! CBS/Columbia/Sony had/have the greatest live acts..Mott the Hoople, the Clash and Bruce Springsteen, they should be shouting from the rooftops about this important, amazing live collection...now did anyone film the shows?!?