Profile for Cinders > Reviews

Content by Cinders

Cinders (BURY, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Blind Goddess (HANNE WILHELMSEN SERIES Book 1)
The Blind Goddess (HANNE WILHELMSEN SERIES Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars O.k, 5 Jun. 2015
I found the book o.k The story was told a bit like an ENID Blyton novel for adults. There wasnt much in depth detail, just more of a ' He went there. they did xyz. The story could've been very good,but it lost its way and was then rushed at the end

Trail of Broken Wings
Trail of Broken Wings

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and compelling, 19 April 2015
A father is in a coma .as 3 daughters gather at his bedside you hear of the traumas and years of abuse they have lived with. Each daughter recounts her life as it was and is now. Their relationship with their mother is also fraught. But as the story moves on things change. I was engrossed by this book and couldn't put it down

The End of Winter:  A Crime Thriller
The End of Winter: A Crime Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 21 Nov. 2013
This was a tale of tragedy and humanity. I couldn't put it down through all the twists and turns.
I've just read that the author has tragically just died and so this book seems all the more poignant. I'd definitely recommend it. I didn't guess the protagonist which is unusual for me!

Clarks Trilby Tweed Black Suede 5 UK D / 38 EU
Clarks Trilby Tweed Black Suede 5 UK D / 38 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars fashionable and comfy, 19 Nov. 2013
I love these sandals. They're the height of fashion, but comfy as well. Great for a night out in the winter as well as summer sandals

Alex (The Camille Verhoeven Trilogy Book 2)
Alex (The Camille Verhoeven Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars different and gripping, 19 Nov. 2013
This was not your average detective story which usually builds up and reveals the murderer in the dying pages. I wont spoil it for you but I loved the story. You wanted to know more about Alex and I felt different things towards her at different times.
The bunch of detectives worked well together as did their strange characters.
I wish there was more of Pierre Lemaitres books translated into kindle .

RealFoodSource Certified Organic Natural Edible Cocoa Butter Drops (1KG - 1 Pack)
Offered by RealFoodSource Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely and creamy, 28 Jun. 2013
I've been making 'healthy' homemade chocolate with the cocoa butter. As I'm handling it it melts a bit in my hands and makes a lovely rich and yummy smelling hand cream!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 5:15 PM BST

White Bones (Katie Maguire Book 1)
White Bones (Katie Maguire Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Gory, 20 Mar. 2013
This book was a two edged sword for me. I've never read any graham Masterton before. The story was so gripping I couldnt put it down, But the scenes where the murderer is peeling the flesh off the live victims was nauseating! it was one of those books that you're so horrified you have to keep reading to see who did it and why. I'm afraid I guessed who the protagonist was towards the end. I enjoyed the tales of ireland aswell. I'm only sorry there are no more katie MAguire books in the series yet!

Dont read it straight after your breakfast!!

Until We Reach Home
Until We Reach Home

3.0 out of 5 stars the story is good but...quit the bible bashing., 29 Dec. 2012
I enjoyed the actual story of the 3 girls leaving Sweden and travelling to America. I've read many stories of Irish and European jewish families fleeing and settling in America. I didnt know about the Swedish community there.
My only gripe with the novel was the constant bible bashing. Some of it was in context with the story. But I got really fed up of the paragraphs of bible quotes and having it thrust down my throat. Its a shame as the basic story was well written and interesting.

The Rose Hotel
The Rose Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent story, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Rose Hotel (Kindle Edition)
The story of family dynamics, religious fundamentalism and a country in crisis.
This is the true story of the authors family , a devout muslim family, whos world is turned upside down by the revolution in Iran in the 1970's, the betrayal and the tragic murder of their son and brother by the state. The family flee to England, then America.
The story chronicles the parents inability to admit and deal with the sons death, the fathers fundamentalist and patriarchal views and the clash of western culture with his strict Muslim views.
As each of the children becomes more westernised and rebels against the strict upbringing, and goes off the rails because of the families inability to talk about the dead brother, the father digs his heals in more and more and becomes more recalcitrant. The mother seems to be permanently on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it as a good read.

OFFICIAL MICROSOFT XBOX 360 175W REPLACEMENT POWER SUPPLY
OFFICIAL MICROSOFT XBOX 360 175W REPLACEMENT POWER SUPPLY

2.0 out of 5 stars DAMAGED !!, 3 Nov. 2012
The power supply when delivered was damaged , the entire front looked like it had been hit with a hammer , not happy as I payed extra for special delivery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2012 10:06 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2