Profile for James Martin > Reviews

Content by James Martin

James Martin (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Invero® Red S-Line Wave TPU Silicone Gel Case Cover for Apple Iphone 4, 4S (All Versions)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 8 Oct. 2013
I bought this ages ago and had actually decided to use it when my existing (clear) cover started discolouring.
I used this cover for about 48 hours and decided to change back to my old (discoloured) one.
It doesn't have easy access to the volume/mute buttons - although it was a good, snug fit and I am sure offered my iPhone pretty good protection from bumps and drops.
I would pay a little extra and get one that gives you better control over the volume buttons in particular.

Kolay Gel Silicone Protective Armour Case Cover/Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 4/4S - Clear
Offered by Atomm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cover, 8 Oct. 2013
I bought this cover ages ago and have only just got round to reviewing it.
I am really pleased with it - the only slight downside is that it has now discoloured and suprisingly gone a really gold colour, to an extent people actually think I have bought a gold cover for my iPhone.
Having taken a decision to change it to another cover, I decided that this one (even discoloured) was still much better and have reverted back to it.
Give you good access to charging slot, speaker is not covered and the volume/mute buttons are very easily accessed (unlike on other models).
I would have given it four start on the basis that it has discoloured over a period of about 12 months - but the fact I have gone back to it in favour of another model means I must really like it - so it gets a bonus extra star.

Laptop AC Adapter Charger for HP G60 G61-110SA G61-410SA HP G62 G62-107SA HP ENVY 14-2002EA +Free UK Mains Lead

2.0 out of 5 stars I guess you get what you pay for..., 8 Oct. 2013
Picked this up as a replacement to the original which had stopped working.
The leads are much shorter than the powerpack and lead supplied with the laptop so be prepared to sit much closer to a power source that you may have done in the past.
As a result, I think the lead was being pulled and one end has actually come loose from the power pack section meaning we can no longer use it.
To be fair it worked well when it was working - but since the lead became loose we have stopped using it for obvious safety reasons. It could have been as a result of the way the laptop was being handled, but if this was the case it certainly wasn't helped by the actual cables being so short.
My advice would be to spend a little extra and get another lead that offers the same length of cable as you would have received on your original item.

Betron HDMI to HDMI Cable, High Speed, 3D Support, Ethernet Function, 4K Support, HDMI Lead for TV, Laptops, PS3, PS4 , Xbox etc (1.2 Meter)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 8 Oct. 2013
Standard HDMI lead - well packaged and arrived in good time.
No problems in recommending this product it works perfectly fine and I would certainly purchase again if I needed another well-priced HDMI lead.

QUMOX Black 2.5" Hdd Bag Hardcase For Portable Hard Disk Drive Case Twin Zipper Cover
Offered by Sunwood-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy - bought for Samsung M3 1TB HDD, 8 Oct. 2013
Great little hard-case for carrying your Hard-Drive.
Purchased mine for a Samsung M3 HDD and it fits perfectly.
The one thing that would have allowed me to give it a full 5 stars is the elastic inside which holds the HDD in place. It is quite thin and I personally would have liked to have seen it a bit thicker - but nothing major to be honest and certainly wouldn't have put me off buying another one in the future.
The net pouch on the 'lid' means you can hold the leads very securely and the foam covered flap in the middle protects your HDD against any hard items held on top.
Great buy and highly recommended - would actually be more like a 4.5 rating if I could do this.

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in-car charger, 8 Oct. 2013
I have had previous in-car chargers, but none have been good as this one.
The fact you have two charging USB points means it will pick up multiple items at the same time - although obviously the charging will be shared and not as fast when you are dual-charging.
I have tested it with both the iPhone and the iPad in the A-slot, as well as an HTC in the other slot and it works perfectly well.
One very slight negative is the very bright blue light on the charger when it is plugged in. It is fine through the day, but can be slightly distracting when driving at night. Although to be honest I'd rather have this to know that it was working than no light.
Again a great purchase that I would seriously recommend.

Samsung M3 Slimline 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 Slimline 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great External HDD, 8 Oct. 2013
Purchased this External HDD when I bought a new MacBook Pro as I was slightly concerned that I wouldn't have enough storage on the Mac (although this hasn't been a problem).
I now keep all my music, photos etc. on the Samsung which because it has a USB 3.0 connection means my access and transfer is extremely fast.
It is pocket sized and therefore extremely east to carry around (although I did buy a Ramozz 2.5" HDD Hardcase - which fits it perfectly).
The fact that the samsung is powered via the USB makes it all the more desirable as you no longer need to lug additional power leads about or find another power source near your computer.
The item was delivered in a matter of days, well packaged and ready to plug and play.
If you are looking for a small HDD with a massive storage capacity - look no further than the Sumsung M3 1TB you'll not regret it.

Daffodil WMS500W 2.4GHz Nano Wireless Mouse with Easily Adjustable DPI, powered by 2xAAA Batteries (Included) - White
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 8 Oct. 2013
I had bought a new MacBook Pro and wanted a mouse to use alongside it. Frankly I wasn't willing to pay the massive price for the brand name accompanying mouse to the Mac and after a bit of research on Amazon came across this item.
It is a nice ergonomic mouse that I am sure will sit very well alongside any computer.
There is a nice storage place for the USB connector (which must be used anytime you use the mouse) inside the battery compartment. The one extremely tiny niggle is that the you have to open the battery area everytime you want to store the USB connector for travelling, but that is tiny and shouldn't put you off buying the mouse. In fact, the USB is actually probably small enough to be left in your laptop all the time (probably not recommended by manufacturer).
Great little item and well worth the price that I paid for it.

Wowee One Classic - White/ Chrome
Wowee One Classic - White/ Chrome
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars My life will never be the same again...!, 8 Oct. 2013
I had known for many years that something was missing from my life but didn't quite know what it was. I had a good job, good salary, nice car, nice house and great friends and family but that final piece of the jigsaw was missing.
That was until one day a friend popped out his Wowee, plugged it into his phone and this amazing sound started coming out of it. And it was at this point that I immediately realised this is what had been missing from my life 'wowee music'.
As if things couldn't get any better, he then started placing his wowee on different surfaces and the sound just got better and better. The bass sound was frankly to awesome to describe in words. To be honest, doors and windows were the best...but then a tabletop or wardrobe were equally as good. There is no way to detail the feel of the wowee or how is sound output compares with others without actually hearing it...suffice to say you will never have heard anything like it before in your life!
I knew that no matter what I had to go out and get my very own wowee so that my life would be complete and I wouldn't simply have to wait on each those opportunities to have a little go on my friends.
Since taking the decision to purchase my own wowed off Amazon I have never looked back. It arrived within a matter of days and amazingly came with a charge which meant I was able to start using it right out the box.
I have now taken the role of my friend and have shown it to other friends only for them to be as wowed as I was when I had my first wowee experience. They too were in a position where their lives were incomplete and had been looking for that find piece as well. And it was clear that the Wowee was filling this gap on every occasion. The same thing happened with them when I showed them my wowee - they simply had to go out and get their own.
So I guess, the wowee is a bit of a viral purchase (not sure that's legal - but it just seems to work that way).
Therefore in conclusion, go out there and purchase the aforementioned wowee...complete your life and fit that final piece of the puzzle into the right place in your jigsaw of life. Once you have it go out and show it to as many friends as you can and help spread the gospel according to wowee music. You'll never regret it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little Gyroscope, 5 Mar. 2011
Having seen my friend with a Red Gyroscope I simply had to have one. I ordered the product and recieved it within 7 days of placing the order. After a full charge of about 2 hours the gyroscope was up and running and in the air with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

There are a number of tiny little screws around the copter itself and I found myself having to tighten each of the tiny screws to make sure that it all held together, as I did lose the tail a couple of times following some crash landings. However, as I say a bit of re-assembly and tightening of the screws and all was good again.

You get about 10 - 15 minutes flying time from a full charge and once you get used to the flight controls it is pretty easy to master flying your copter around the house.

This is amazing value for money and will give you loads of fun as you master your airmanship. The only real problem you are going to have is keeping it off the kids...!!!

Page: 1 | 2