Profile for Daniboy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black
Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
The scales work really great and are more accurate than I expected, plusminus 1 or 2 grams I'd say.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe: 2/5 (Hitchhikers Guide 2)
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe: 2/5 (Hitchhikers Guide 2)
by Douglas Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 6 Jan 2013
Very funny! Similar to the first book, very much in style with it. I think it is a very worthy sequel

Toscana Leather Brown Journal
Toscana Leather Brown Journal
by Cavallini & Company
Edition: Diary

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff but useable, 6 Jan 2013
The journal looks very nice, but the leather is very stiff. In particular the flap to the right is extremely stiff will either try and rest onto the page you're writing (there's nothing I can do to keep it down) or has to sit underneath the pages, propping one end of the book very high up making it uncomfortable. If you go to Florence you see that most hand-made leather journals there are much softer and nicer, it is a completely different style of make.

2013 Moleskine Large Diary Weekly Vertical Hard
2013 Moleskine Large Diary Weekly Vertical Hard

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 6 Jan 2013
It has vertical columns which for me is an absolute must. The first few pages are nice, with a section where you can start planning the year after until you get the new diary, and a section at the end to keep notes. It has a phone book at the end which frankly is useless, I don't know anyone who keeps one of these any more as it all fits into the mobile phone. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I want a section at the end of each column where you can put notes for the day or the week, and that the pages are quite thin so if I write in pencil it often etches what I write deeply into the other pages. But it is otherwise a really great diary, made with thought and practicality, and I'd certainly recommend it.

LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
LCD Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Thermometer
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, 6 Jan 2013
I compared this to a precision instrument (the hygrometer that is, not the thermometer) and they agreed very well indeed. Since this instrument is digital, the numbers necessarily jump up or down a little, by about 3 percent units. It is better than I expected and looks quite nice on the wall.

Mythbusters: The Explosive Truth Behind 30 of the Most Perplexing Urban Legends of All Time
by Keith Zimmerman

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the show but in standstill form., 13 Dec 2012
It's OK, but much less entertaining than the show. Some examples are quite fun, but if you are to draw any conclusions from it your are likely to get it wrong, or at best get it right for the wrong reasons: their methodology (speaking as a physicist) has huge logical potholes.

Faber Castell Radierer Dust-Free
Faber Castell Radierer Dust-Free
Offered by Morgan's Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent eraser, 13 Dec 2012
Simply the best eraser you will ever buy. It erases when the others smudge everything to a mess. It is even (much) better than the standard staedtler one.

Ultracold Quantum Fields (Theoretical and Mathematical Physics)
Ultracold Quantum Fields (Theoretical and Mathematical Physics)
by Henk T. C. Stoof

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for learning statistical field theory, 13 Dec 2012
I used this book to learn the subject. It is very nicely written, easy to understand, and has good problems at the end of each chapter. A great book! It is at Master course level.

Climate Buddy Thermometer-Hygrometer Air Condition Monitor
Climate Buddy Thermometer-Hygrometer Air Condition Monitor
Offered by Wetterladen24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent measurements, 13 Dec 2012
I've only had it for about a week, but it is much more sensitive than I expected and its response time is impressive. I wrapped it up in a wet towel to calibrate it as suggested, but it was already perfectly calibrated, and as soon as I removed it the needle went with visible speed down to 61%, which I confirmed with an electronic device of lower quality. I entered the bathroom with it and it went straight to 68%. Its sensitivity is much better than most digital readers, it looks nicer, and has a great response time. I just hope it has good longevity too!

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mobile Phone on Vodafone PAYG
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Mobile Phone on Vodafone PAYG

2.0 out of 5 stars Worse screen on the market, 16 Jun 2010
The phone works fine and the sound is unusually good for a phone.
The screen, however, is very different from the screen of an iPhone. That's because the iPhone screen works on electrical impulses from your fingertips and doesn't require pressure on the screen (it's like the touchpad of a laptop, but more sohpisticated). This phone's screen, however, is of the ancient kind that Does require pressure on the screen. In fact, it's quite hard to do anything with your fingers and you should use the little pen that comes with it to get the pressure focussed on a single spot. This implies that the protective layer above the screen is flexible so as to allow the screen to feel where you are pushing. This makes the screen extremely sensitive to hits, because any hit will strike directly on the LCD screen. In fact, a very large number of people who have had this phone have cracked their screen. The iPhone doens't require pressure and can put a very hard and resistant layer over their screen, which means it can take rough treatment.
Predictably, my screen cracked when someone bumped into me on the street. When I got it repaired (not covered by insurance, of course, so I had to pay 109 Euros) the screen was fine until 2 months later when it would stop responding properly to where I had the little pen: there was some faulty contact. I brought it to be repaired again, and 2 months later ended up with the same problem.
Also, unless you pay for lots of internet use on your phone, the GPS will take anything between 5 to 30 minutes to connect.

This phone has been nothing but grief, I can't wait until I can afford a phone that doens't require babysitting and extreme caution. This phone is likely to brake the first or second time you drop it.

Page: 1 | 2