Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Oxford, UK)

Under The Counter
Under The Counter
Offered by Disco100

5.0 out of 5 stars It's SAFE clarts!, 26 Mar 2008
This review is from: Under The Counter (Audio CD)
The GLC releases yet another fast, hilarious, explosion of lyrics and sound. On the first listen through it didn't seem as consistently clever as their previous albums. There were definitely a few tracks with minimal action - such as the rather silly Maggot chant that pretty much does what it says on the tin - the GLC chanting "maggot" for over two minutes.
However "The Take Over", "House Party", "Hardcore Exchange", and "Spaceman" all live up the usual standard of fast hitting, self-aware rapping with quality samples.
And "Song for Kelly" made me laugh so hard I thought my eyes would pop out.

So, I've got to recommend this.
PLEASE buy this album.
Support these guys.
Spend the £7.
And I hope we hear more from them soon.
Safe.

My Tank is Fight
My Tank is Fight
by Zack Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitleriffic!, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: My Tank is Fight (Paperback)
I was expecting the usual boring Christmas presents - a porsche, a harem of slavishly devoted beauties to wash my feet, the country of Spain, etc.

But to my surprise and thrill I received this book instead! I'm not a World War II buff or a technical details junkie, but I've always had a passing interest in World War II; I'd watch documentaries on the Discovery/History channel and such. This book does contain a good portion of technical specs but what really makes it a five star achievement in my book is Zack Parsons' relish and love for the subject matter. His fictional explorations of what would have happened in development and deployment are incredibly well written and something to look forward to after coming to grips with how insane and off the wall some of these ideas were - Flying tanks, back pack helicopters, stupidly gigantic land cruisers, and not to mention a Nazi Space Station!

Cracking read!