Profile for dave cross > Reviews

Ever Since Adam and Eve
Ever Since Adam and Eve
by Terry Hekker

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong book, 14 Oct 2013
I have tried twice to order this book but both times, like someone else, received a book called Ever since Adam and Eve.

I am confident had I received the John masters book high Command I would have rated it 5 stars as he is my favourite author.

somehow I missed this the first time round

Transcend MP350 8GB Rugged MP3 Player with Radio
Transcend MP350 8GB Rugged MP3 Player with Radio
Price: 27.75

2.0 out of 5 stars falls short, 27 Aug 2013
This is marketed as a sports mp3 player but falls short on a number of issues.

The description says the controls can be used instinctively. They can't. They are small and awkward to use.

The set up is overly complicated and even using the full handbook I had difficulty selecting music options ie selecting shuffle mode. I never attempted using the radio or fitness application just too complicated.

In shuffle mode there is a delay of about 8 seconds between tracks, hardly good for the gym!

I have queried this with the firm and they say it is normal. It is not normal in any other mp3 player I have had.

It is hard to say any positives as I am very disappointed with the product

The positives would have to be it has a good clip to attach to clothing whilst at the gym or cycling and it does appear to be robust.

It is not a patch on the sandisk clip when they work but unfortunately I have never had one of these that didn't develop a fault within a couple of months.

Now, God be Thanked (Loss of day)
Now, God be Thanked (Loss of day)
by John Masters

5.0 out of 5 stars best ever book on ww1, 23 Aug 2013
the trilogy should be required reading in schools. the best set of books I have ever read

they are not only a brilliant read on WW1 but also an excellent social history of the time

read all john masters novels 30 - 40 years ago and am enjoying them even more the second time round

SanDisk Clip Zip 8GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black
SanDisk Clip Zip 8GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black
Price: 44.00

2.0 out of 5 stars always breaking down, 23 Aug 2013
if the player worked I would give it 5 stars as I like everything about it ...when it works and therein lies the problem.

this is at least the fourth sandisc I have had and none of them have lasted twelve months.

this one didn't even last a month before it froze and would not reset.

the others went wrong after about six months but did reset. unfortunately they had to be reset eventually on a daily basis before they packed up altogether.

a shame as the clip is an ideal size for the gym and cycling and clips on anywhere.

I cannot believe that I am unlucky enough to be the only one with this problem