Profile for JedJed > Reviews

Content by JedJed

JedJed

Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Kingdom of Plants in 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning 3d, 19 Oct. 2012
Absolutely stunning 3D. This is the best example of the capabilities of 3D that I've seen so far. Great depth , pop outs, picture overall 10/10

Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ Elisabeth Shue

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY worst film ever (and in my 700 film collection), 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Piranha 3D (Blu-ray 3D) (Blu-ray)
This film is worse than my primary school play. Acting is awful, plot is awful (I know it's not a serious film, but it's so bad I'd have preferred to watch a blank screen), it's that bad. Comparisons to Jaws are laughable, it isn't 1% of Jaws.
3d effect is appalling, almost bordering being a crime to call it as such, I have about 30 3d films- this is the worst. Coincidentally, I watched the Life of Plants in 3d before this which was an incredible demonstration of the potential of 3D that left me and my younger cousins in disbelief.

I have a film collection of over 700 films, and this is the worst by a considerable margin. I have many that I think are bad and will never watch again, but keep in my collection anyway. This will be the first in 7 year I will sell.

If you want a good 3d demonstration (if any 3d at all) DO NOT buy this
If you want a funny film, DO NOT buy this
If you are buying this on the false rumor of even the slightest similarity to Jaws, DO NOT buy this

Only buy this if you're an insomniac (to help you sleep), blind and deaf, or for irritating in-laws who you wish a slow and painful death to at Christmas

Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD
Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Freeview HD tuner clarification, 8 Oct. 2012
Note:
To clarify the 'Does it have Freeview HD Tuner built in?' question, my research seems to suggest there are 2 models, the UE32EH5000 and the UE32EH5000KXXU (sometimes referred to as UE32EH5000K). I have looked at them on John Lewis,this site, argos, currys, comet, larskys and cheap-lcd-tv.co.uk. All those referring to it as having the Freeview HD tuner quote the product code with either the 'KXXU' (or simply 'K') ending. It seems to suggest that the 'KXXU' is the one to go for as it saves you 1. Buying a Freeview HD Digital Receiver box 2. The HDMI lead to connect, and 3. Less wires/ boxes etc. Note: Buying a Freeview HD Digital Receiver box will however allow you to access BBC iplayer, which you cant do with the built in FHD tuner.

So to clarify:

A 'K' or 'KXXU' at the end of the model code suggests that DOES have the FHD tuner built in (of course if the seller says it does then you can hold them liable to miss-describing the item if they send you the wrong one).

If you want iplayer you may decide to get a non built in FHD tuner model. At cheapest you are looking at £32 for FHD tuner box, £5 for a (probably not so good) HDMI lead, and more wires. Upon looking at all the sites the non built in FHD tuner model is about £20 cheaper. Therefore the premium will be around £17 (for the most basic FHD tuner box and HDMI) to get BBC iplayer
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2012 9:29 PM BST