Profile for Dr. I. J. Newey > Reviews

Content by Dr. I. J. Newey

Dr. I. J. Newey (Norwich, UK)

DHOOM 3 Original Bollywood Sound-track CD
DHOOM 3 Original Bollywood Sound-track CD
Offered by Green DVD INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Mar. 2015
Great series of films with catchy soundtracks.

1102 / 2011 (Limited Edition)
1102 / 2011 (Limited Edition)
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird with female vocal, 19 Jan. 2013
It's weird hearing familiar songs done in a different way. I'm pleased that they didn't try t get someone to sound like Ian Curtis. These are great songs, with Hooky's bass front and centre accompanied by very competent female vocals. Weird, but good weird.

Game of Thrones - Season 1 Gift Set [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Game of Thrones - Season 1 Gift Set [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping sexy political violent intrigue., 19 Dec. 2012
I had to see what all the fuss was about. The first episode held my attention and opened lots of threads of story. Subsequent episodes increased their grip on me. I was thinking about it when I wasn't watching it, and I was completely immersed in the lore. Some of the best television with the highest production values I've ever seen. High incidence of British actors too. And some passable British accents from Americans. Recommended, but really not for kids. Sex, violence, and some pretty strong language to make Granny blush...

Bit Trip Complete (Wii)
Bit Trip Complete (Wii)
Offered by EUROGAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary nostalgia, 24 Mar. 2012
The sounds and the looks of eighties video games as we remember them through rose coloured spectacles. Worth a buy for the soundtrack alone. The Pong-like bit.trip beat and flux are my favourite and with the option of changing the level of difficulty I can get through them for the first time. There's certainly the option for proper hardcore gamers to get a challenge and now us mere mortals can enjoy it too. Recommended.

Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Nintendo 3DS)
Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Accessible titillating fighting game, 27 Jan. 2012
I suspect many adolescents boys take pleasure in this game because of the breast physics of the female combatants. Not me! This attack counter high speed fighting game is a good alternative to Street Fighter 4 3D edition. Well worth getting both if you like beat em ups.

4.0 out of 5 stars After sales service, 23 Aug. 2010
Not wanting to do Amazon out of money (I did buy my Garmin Zumo 550 from Amazon) but Garmin after sales service have been quite helpful. They are aware that the mounts can be faulty and have offered to send me a functioning mount if I send in my broken one. I spoke to Garmin UK phone support: 0808 2380000 (Garmin Europe) and selected option 1

I told them that I'd bought a Garmin Zumo 550 and that the mount was defective (no longer charging the unit)

They gave me a reference number and told me to put the defective mount in a jiffy bag and send to:

Garmin Europe ltd
Liberty House
Hounsdown Business Park
Northampton
SO40 9LR

Hope that'll save a few motorcyclists some money.

Ian

Garmin Zumo 550 Satellite Navigation System for Motorbikes

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2011 1:25 PM GMT

Doctor Who: Robot [1974] [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who: Robot [1974] [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Tom Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Robot - Sci-Fi-Frankenstein, 27 Feb. 2010
Great Classic Doctor Who. Tom Baker makes the role his own within just a few minutes of John Pertwee's departure. The trick perspective tank has to be seen to be believed. I was three when this came out: it's great to rediscover it.

Street Fighter IV - Collectors Edition (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter IV - Collectors Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Excess Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia and all new joy..., 21 Mar. 2009
SFIV is a lot of fun for people who are already Street Fighter veterans, but this is also a great introduction to the series. SFIV is one of the most accessible Street Fighter games (dragon punches and fireballs are easy compared to Street Fighter II, for example).

A LOT of downloadable content is out already, which seems a bit exploitative to me (extra costumes that could have been included from the get go). Overall though, if you have fond memories of Street Fighter from 1987, or more likely 1991, when SFII came out, get this: you'll love it. If you're new to the series but like fighting games, jump in. You might want to invest in a FightPad though... ENJOY.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium (PS2)
Capcom Vs SNK 2 Mark Of The Millennium (PS2)
Offered by Games.C

4.0 out of 5 stars 2D fighting heaven, 6 Dec. 2001
As a long term fan of the Capcom 2D beat-em-up genre, I bought this on the day of release. I wasn't disappointed. Though I'm sure that the definition could have been improved with all of the characters, there is a significant increase in the number of frames of animation compared to my previous Capcom favourite SFAlpha3. There are a few new moves, and each move feels more 'weighty': You can feel that Ken's dragon punch is going to hurt. There are lots of new characters (I'm less familiar with the SNK games), so even old SF junkies like me can justify the purchase... If only there was a decent joypad with six buttons on the front for this kinda game... Come on developers - get on it.

Super Street Fighter II - Turbo Revival
Super Street Fighter II - Turbo Revival

5.0 out of 5 stars Street Fighter on the move, 5 Nov. 2001
Okay, I confess. I'm a Street Fighter nut. I remember the original cabinet and the pressure sensitive pads. Things have moved on since then, but the same great gameplay has not. This is a stunning conversion of a classic game. Better and more accessible than "SF2 Collection" for PSone. It's AMAZING how they managed to get such detailed sprites onto such a small screen. I haven't touched my PS2 in days because of this game. But then again Capcom versus SNK 2 is out on friday which might tempt me back. If you have a GBA, and you like fighting games, buy it!!