Profile for social_outcast > Reviews

Content by social_outcast

social_outcast "slacker" (In Orbit)

Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Offered by TK Logistics

4.0 out of 5 stars An Arse like the Japanese Flag, 24 April 2012
I followed the advice of the previous reviewer and did not smear this all over my wang or nuts.

However, having a hairier than average sphincter (you could platt my arse hair, it's so abundant) and being fed up having to hack off anal hair matted with copious amounts of winnits and tagnuts, I decided to give this a go.

Let's just say that I now have an idea what it's like to be scuttled up the alimentary by King Kong. It's so painful, I'm considering having a colostomy bag fitted so I don't have to poo.

On the plus side, my 'witches mouth' is as clean as a whistle, being mostly scar tissue.

Hope this helps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 7:23 PM BST

Master Maze
Master Maze

4.0 out of 5 stars A real blast from the past. Is it the 80's again?, 24 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Master Maze (Toy)
I remember the original master mazes from the 80's and spent hours trying to get to the centre.. There were also 250 and 501 hole versions which, to be honest, were even better than this 100 hole version. There was also a black and white maze called Moon Shot which was also good.

This was a pretty short lived craze, but anyone who was anyone had at least a couple of these.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2014 4:01 PM GMT

Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires
Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial Dub, 22 July 2007
An excellent album from start to finish, with superb bass and great percussion.
Stand out tracks include 'Blood On His Lips', which chugs along like a ganja powered steam train and 'Your Teeth In My Neck', which also has a killer melody.
The cover's good too.

Scientist also did 'Wins The World Cup', 'Meets the Space Invaders', and 'Encounters Pac-Man' and while they are all great albums, Rids The World is his crowning glory.

If you are thinking of adding some dub to your collection, you can get this, Augustus Pablo's 'King Tubby's Meets Rockers Uptown' and Jacob Millers 'Who Say Jah No Dread' and you'll have 3 of the best Dub albums made for about 25 sovs.

Highly Recommended.

Silver Apples / Contact
Silver Apples / Contact

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated and Overrated, 21 July 2007
This review is from: Silver Apples / Contact (Audio CD)
Some albums become relics of their time and this is a good example.
Back in the day, I'd imagine this was something of an eye-opener as it had strange electronic noises and such, but today, it just sounds dated and tedious.

Maybe something to dip into now and again, but takes a real effort to listen to all of it in one go.

Marcus Garvey / Garvey's Ghost
Marcus Garvey / Garvey's Ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, 21 July 2007
In my humble opinion, this is a better album than any by Bob Marley. Although Marley had some excellent tunes, I never thought he stretched it over a whole album.
Marcus Garvey/Garvey's Ghost is superb throughout. There is no filler on here.
Rodney's voice is plaintive, rousing, many other things that I can't put into words. If you don't feel anything listening to 'Slavery Days' then you're either deaf, or dead.
This is essential roots, especially at the price.
It's interesting to note that the dub version, Garvey's Ghost, was significantly 'lightened' as it was thought, by the record company gimps, not to appeal to European or American listeners.
I'd love to hear the album as it was originally intended.
If you're only going to have a handful of reggae albums in your collection, make sure this is one of them.

Captain Beefheart: A Tin Teardrop
Captain Beefheart: A Tin Teardrop
by Ken Brooks

2.0 out of 5 stars A good subject, but badly written..., 7 Oct. 2004
Being a fan of the good Captain and eager to learn more about the man who brought us Big Eyed Beans from Venus, I thought I'd give this a go....
Well, I wish I hadn't. It's really, really hard work reading this book. Arduous even.
The story of Captain Beefheart is definitely one worth telling, but only if you know how to write.
There are so many mistakes in this book that I frequently have to backtrack and try to work out what the author is trying to say. There are sentences stuck on the end of paragraphs that are unconnected with what was previously being said, parts that don't make much sense, missing full stops, commas etc which make this an extremely frustrating read.
It seems obvious to me that this book wasn't ever checked by anyone after it was written and my advice would be to avoid it.