Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now
Profile for JNH > Reviews

Content by JNH

JNH (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World
Realityland: True-Life Adventures at Walt Disney World

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Disney World fan!, 1 Aug. 2015
I believe this is a must read for any Disney World fan interested in the creation and operation of Disney parks! From construction of The Magic Kingdom to park incidents and plans that were never realised after Walt's passing, I found the information fascinating. It was also a nice long read too, so worth the price. I'm sure I'll read it again at some point as there is so much information in there.

Boggle Flash
Boggle Flash

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game but would prefer longer on the timer!, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Boggle Flash (Toy)
This is a good game and a nice compact size for taking on holiday. Great too for those who also like to play solo games. One game is to see how many different words you can make from the random letters given, and another is to find one 5 letter word from the 5 random letters given within a certain time (or a 4 letter word if you are only playing with 4 units).

If the time that you are given to make as many words as you can was not so short (or if there was an option to choose how many minutes you have to make words) then I would give it 5 stars. As it stands, it is a very quick game and whilst that may be OK for many, senior citizens with slower recall may find it too fast paced and thus will struggle to score well. Personally I'd feel more satisfied if the timer gave me longer to think as I have rarely guessed anywhere near the number of possible words in such a short time. Having said that, it is fun and clever how it works and I am not sorry I purchased the game. It does occasionally get stuck but just needs the units to be switched off and on again.

Morphy Richards 501011 Saute and Soup Maker
Morphy Richards 501011 Saute and Soup Maker
Offered by Co-op Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious soups - very happy with purchase!, 12 Jan. 2015
I’ve never owned a soup maker, blender or food processor as I don’t have space for gadgets which don’t get much use. After reading reviews here I thought this sounded like something that would get used a lot. At the time of writing I’d only had it 2 weeks but it has been used the majority of those days! Because I’d never owned a blender we’d been buying expensive soups so it’s great to be able to make our own and know exactly what goes in them. I purchased “The Skinny Soup Maker Recipe Book” at the same time to give me some ideas to get started, but to be honest once you’ve made one or two using recipes, you get the gist of soup making and end up experimenting with your own recipes. It’s so easy to use and fun to look round the supermarket for new ingredients!

No negative points that I have encountered so far, just these observations: (1) It gives off a fair amount of steam when cooking. (2) The sauté function is really useful and gets very hot quickly, so don’t forget the oil and to stir regularly. (3) You need to make a defined quantity so that you fill the jug between the min/max markers (to ensure the blade reaches the ingredients). This makes enough for roughly 4 servings. I could only see this as a possible issue for, say, a single person who did not have the ability to freeze the remainder, or for someone who wanted to make a larger quantity. (4) So far, every soup made has been so delicious that although we intended to freeze the remainder, we have yet to do so as we’ve either had second helpings or chilled it and eaten the following day! (5) It isn’t difficult to clean out by hand, even though I don’t usually like things that can’t go in the dishwasher, plus there are no other pans to wash up! All you need is the soup maker and a kettle to boil the water for the stock! (6) The soup comes out piping hot and perfectly blended. If you are having seconds then it is still nicely hot when you return to pour yourself a second helping!

This review was based on using the sauté function and smooth mode for making soup. I have yet to try the juice function and have not made chunky soups.

Joe Cool Liquorice Allsort Style Elasticated Bracelet - Slip on 2 cm Widest Sweet

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 13 Sept. 2014
Very pleased with my purchase. Looks just like the photo. At the time of writing I'd had it a week and had already received several compliments from people who admired it. Fits comfortably on an adult wrist.

Update: Purchased a second one for a friend after she admired mine so much!

Captain Phil Harris: The Legendary Crab Fisherman, Our Hero, Our Dad
Captain Phil Harris: The Legendary Crab Fisherman, Our Hero, Our Dad
by Josh Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting read, 26 Aug. 2014
I was given this book as a gift and got stuck into it on a wet bank holiday and enjoyed it so much that I read the whole thing in a day, which is unusual for me. It is very easy to read and, as another fan of Deadliest Catch, it was a must for me to find out more about Phil's full-on life. I would recommend this to anyone who admires Phil and enjoys Deadliest Catch. Would have prefered this to be on Kindle format though. Still sorry that we lost such a colourful, funny, warmhearted man, who worked incredibly hard but also played equally hard too.

PS: There are just over 40 black & white photos inside the book of Phil and his family.

Skechers Ladies go Walk Dynamic Black and Red Leisure Trainers
Skechers Ladies go Walk Dynamic Black and Red Leisure Trainers

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfy - love them!, 25 Mar. 2014
I bought a pair of these in store (not through Amazon). I knew Skechers beforehand but had never heard of the GOwalk range. At first I thought they seemed very expensive and didn't really intend to buy them ... until I put them on, then I was immediately sold as they are like walking on clouds/air and easily the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned. Worth every penny for this level of comfort! No breaking in needed as they are like wearing a pair of slippers (but with lovely spongy soles)! I have fairly wide feet and have tended in the past to go one size up in ordinary shoes for comfort but no need to in these as they are generously sized.

I have worn them around the house a fair amount but not outdoors yet as they have been purchased for doing a lot of walking on holiday. Very lightweight, so ideal for packing. Love them so much that my other half bought a pair of GOwalk the very next day!!

Update: It was not at all surprising to learn that they were a godsend on a 2 week holiday which entailed lots of walking around theme parks! Don't know what I would have done without them!

The Boys of Summer
The Boys of Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and funny!, 19 May 2013
As a fan of Showaddywaddy but one who knew nothing about their personal or professional lives, and also as someone with an interest in holiday parks, I found this a fascinating and eye-opening read. Agreed some of the words used were completely alien to my vocabulary, but it didn't hinder me getting the gist of what was being portrayed. Many times I have read reviews which say "I laughed out loud" which in my case merely raised a smile, but I can honestly say a few times in this book I literally did laugh out loud. I couldn't put it down and didn't want it to end. Very easy reading and all of it was interesting. Well done Dave and I can't wait until your next book!

PS: Just to update this review, after finishing the book I had to read it a second time very shortly afterwards, which is almost unheard of for me!

Mens Ashford Ridge Real Leather Wallets Bifold Trifold Card Holder Coins Chain Wallet
Offered by HotShuffle

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, 4 May 2013
Purchased a couple of these as presents for relatives overseas and was very satisfied with the product and price paid. Have seen other Union Jack wallets on the high street costing significantly more.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't give as much relief as we'd hoped, 27 Feb. 2013
These were ordered for my mother who suffers very badly from arthritis in her hands. Having read the other fantastic reviews here I felt confident these gloves would be the answer, or would at least help alleviate the pain to a fair extent. Whilst the gloves themselves are comfy to wear and keep her hands nicely warm, they don't give the relief we were hoping for (and she has the smallest size, so it isn't as if they are too big to work effectively). Having said that, she still wears them as any relief is welcome no matter how little, and they are useful for keeping her hands warm. I guess it depends on how severe the arthritis is or perhaps on the individual patient as they obviously seem to work for the majority. When you are in this much pain anything is worth a try!

The Logo Board Game
The Logo Board Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, good game!!, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Logo Board Game (Toy)
Brought this to play at Christmas. The 4 players were made up of people in the 40's and 70's age groups. Enjoyable game. In my opinion it's particularly good for those who usually get left out when playing general knowledge type games as most people stand the chance of knowing some of the answers because this game relates to everyday products. (Having said that, one of the older players eventually seemed to get restless with it because he couldn't answer many questions, but I think this is a rare occurrence and is because he has not done much grocery shopping or cooking, generally doesn't eat much chocolate or sweets, or know much about consumer products ... so don't let that put you off ... unless you have another player like that!)

So far we have played 4 games and have used up just under a quarter of the cards supplied. Each card has 4 questions on which refer to different coloured segments on the board. You start off asking one of the players the first question on the card, if they get it right they move to the next corresponding coloured square and you ask them the next question on the card. If they are correct they move to the next corresponding square, and so on until they have answered all 4 questions on the card, when play moves to the next player. However, if they get any of the 4 questions wrong, the question is offered to the next player. If that player gets the answer correct they move to the next corresponding square and get to finish answering the remaining questions on that card. Some cards have photos of products/logos on but some are "pot luck" and just have a theme written on them (with the answers all relating to that theme). I believe the winner is the first person to get to the centre segment who can correctly answer two questions in a row or answer a red question.

Good game!!