Profile for M. P. Moy > Reviews

M. P. Moy "Mal" (UK)

WD TV Live Media Player
WD TV Live Media Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine but could be quicker, 20 July 2013
Nothing wrong at this price. Works better on wired then wireless. A bit slow at times but works as designed and I have had no issues with it.

Watchmaking
Watchmaking
by George Daniels
Price: 48.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing and quite wonderfull, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Watchmaking (Hardcover)
I purchased this book after reading George Daniels fascinating obituary. I knew nothing about Mr Daniels before this so after some quick research on the internet this book seemed to be the one to read.

I came to this book with no watch knowledge but a large amount on engineering curiosity. My overriding feeling reading this book is the insanity needed to complete these stunning machines. I use that word with the gentlest of meaning. I had never before considered how the tiny was constructed or fully appreciate how astonishing mechanical watches are. The book does not hold back and from the first paragraph you are being taught how to make a world class watch. Soon however it all starts to make sense and with a few referrals to Wikipedia the processes and mechanisms are easily understood. The diagrams are perfect and show in detail the subtleties and beauty of the components. As I have never read any other watch book I cannot compare it but if I measure against the technical books I usually read I would have to put it at or near the top, it really is as close to perfection as you could ask for when writing about such a niche subject.

Konnect - New Replacment Nintendo Wired Sensor Bar
Konnect - New Replacment Nintendo Wired Sensor Bar
Offered by FoneM8store
Price: 1.54

5.0 out of 5 stars wired is the answer, dont buy wireless, 2 April 2010
I replaced my original wired sensor with wireless but the battery life is rubbish. This is great and I have had no problems since.

Tropical Rainforest [DVD] [1992]
Tropical Rainforest [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Geoffrey Holder
Offered by specialinterests
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 4 Jan 2010
Very boring. IMAX limits detail and close focus, probably looked great as intended but fails on TV. Commentary dull and uninformative. Sound fine on DTS but false and contrived. Avoid.