Profile for Ms. D. M. Rose > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. M. Rose

Ms. D. M. Rose "dawnrose7" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Trespass Stratos Outdoor 65L Rucksack - Sunflower/Flint
Trespass Stratos Outdoor 65L Rucksack - Sunflower/Flint

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value sturdy rucksack, 28 May 2015
Does what it says on the tin - good sturdy rucksack, sits comfortably and a really good price. I love the colour but don't expect it to stay clean very long if like me you plan on roughing it and its likely to get thrown about.

Clean -  Expanded Edition
Clean - Expanded Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean really does work..., 28 May 2015
Whilst this book can be a little long winded the practice behind the Clean programme is fantastic. I've since done Dr Jungers cleanse twice now and both times have come away feeling fantastic with people commenting on how well I look and how my skin Is glowing. The first couple of days are the hardest as with any detox programme, but after you get through those you really do feel more energetic.
A few things to mention;
1) you don't have to buy either the shakes or vitamins from Dr Junger in fact he believes in his programme so much that on his website he will point you towards vitamins you can buy yourself and give you recipes for your own shakes.
2) The website community which accompanies this is fantastic - you can even book a free session with a cleanse therapist who will call you and give you advice and encouragement.

Eat. Nourish. Glow - Summer
Eat. Nourish. Glow - Summer

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 28 May 2015
Disappointed - I expected more content and more recipes

Eat. Nourish. Glow - Spring
Eat. Nourish. Glow - Spring

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 28 May 2015
Disappointing - I expected more content and more useable recipes.

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss Hair Colour Number 656, Terracotta
L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss Hair Colour Number 656, Terracotta

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't do what it said on the tin...., 17 May 2015
Have always loved using Castings, however this colour looks nothing like it does on the box - terracotta is apparently a dark plummy red and nothing like the bright coppery colour shown. Grateful that it wasn't permanent!

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Vicki Edgson

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed..., 28 Aug. 2014
Having been eating clean and lean for a while now I bought this book for the recipes, as the food involved is generally the same. So far I've been really disappointed. Lots of the recipes have specialist health food shop ingredients and involve expensive equipment, they're also a bit faffy, e.g making your own nut milks is long winded and seriously expensive. But that aside the recipes just really aren't very nice.
Fennel and pear soup tastes bitter, I was really looking forward to the quinoa flake porridge - awful. I enjoyed the caramelised pear and lentil salad tho its faffy to make, and the raw chocolate mousse is good but ultimately I feel a bit underwhelmed. If you're not veggie give the clean and lean cookbook by James duigan a go, the recipes are a lot tastier!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2014 6:37 PM BST

Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
Clean & Lean Diet Cookbook: With a 14-day Menu Plan
by James Duigan

5.0 out of 5 stars great recipes, common sense advice., 28 Aug. 2014
I love this book! yes the principles behind the diet are common sense, but sometimes you need that in front of you. The recipes are easy to follow and really tasty. There is the odd specialist ingredient but in the main everything is easy enough to get hold of. Favourites for me are the granola, and the butternut squash with feta and pumpkin seeds and the gazpacho.
I've not found a recipe I don't like yet! Highly recommended.

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars don't ruin your memories of Bridget......, 25 Jan. 2014
Oh Helen, Helen, where do I start? How did it all go so wrong? I loved the first two books, I was prepared to love this one despite already knowing mark Darcy had been killed off, but I just couldn't. Like other reviewers have said I really struggled with the fact Bridget is now in her fifties but just didn't seem to have grown up at all. Who cares about her twitter followers? And using it for dating? Really?
For me, I thought there could have been a lot of mileage in Bridget becoming a wife, especially to someone so different from her, and I'm sure the horrors of her first pregnancy could have milked another book, another in dealing with the death of her father and mark..... All of those would have given us some empathy to where Bridget is now, instead a huge chunk of her life is missed out and despite there being huge changes in it, Bridget doesn't seem to have grown as a character at all.
Really disappointed. Saw the end coming a mile off and to be honest didn't care, please don't make this into a film...…
One last thing Helen - Roxster? Really?

View Quest Retro Style DAB+/FM Radio with iPod/iPhone Dock, LCD Backlit Screen and AUX-In - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars stylish bit of kit!, 25 Jan. 2014
Looks absolutely beautiful, bought it as a present and would love one for myself! The only issue I have had is with storing stations which seems to have been a bit temperamental.

Here
Here

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect album to make you smile, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Here (Audio CD)
Like other reviewers I bought this album after seeing them at Latitude festival in 2012 - yes the hippy comparisons are accurate but what is more important is that you'll get one of the most genuinely uplifting albums I've ever heard. From Man on Fire which builds to a gloriously catch chorus and ba ba ba's reminiscent of the Turtles genius "so happy together" to Thats whats up -this whole album will make you smile on the most miserable of days.
I've owned it for over a year now and not a week has gone by that this album hasnt been played at least once.

Buy it, see them live, share the love :)

Page: 1 | 2