Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen

Page: 1 | 2
The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (The Warlord Chronicles Book 1)
The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (The Warlord Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 26 Oct. 2011
throughly enjoyed this book. one of the best books i have ever read. The whole series is fantastic. great read.

Dragon Bound (Elder Races Novels)
Dragon Bound (Elder Races Novels)
by Thea Harrison
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Oct. 2011
Great story that doesn't take itself too seriously. made me laugh out loud and finished it in one sitting. I just can't wait for the rest.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tent, 26 Sept. 2011
We bought this tent when we heard we would experience bad weather while away camping. We didn't get the footprint or the carpet. The tent is easy to pitch with only 5 poles, it is big though and to start, the more people you have the better. Once pegged down then it's simple enough for 1 person to finish. Our previous tent was classed as a 6 man tent and the 3 of us were squashed so we wanted space. Boy did we get it. Three comfy chairs and a picnic table all in with out a squash. During a windy wild night the tent hardly moved. Felt stable and not likely to collapse. Stood up to the thunderstorm as well, so passed our water test. Tring to dry it was slightly difficult as rained once home. It is big and took over the whole dinning room and half of the lounge. Don't expect to get it all back in the bag though. Even with practice we still can't do it.

Lady Silence
Lady Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not that bad, 26 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Lady Silence (Kindle Edition)
I just wanted a nice read and this is one. Not really a critic for the writing, you know what they mean.

Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin series Book 1)
Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 24 May 2011
Great story. Ensure you buy yhe series so you can keep going. Enjoyed all the books but book 3 in the series is the best.

Holiday Hostage
Holiday Hostage

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable short story, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Holiday Hostage (Kindle Edition)
I must like dreadfull books looking at the other reviews but i did enjoy this. Thankfully I wasn't looking for a serious read. It's light and funny in places.
I admit it would never happen in real life or I hope not.

Holly refuses to meet her sisters new boyfriend and brother for christmas. Her sister is a little crazy and arranges for Holly to be kidnapped and brought to dinner. The rest of the very short story shows how relationships develop between the criminal family.

this book is not going to win any prizes but it cheered me up for 2-3 mins.

The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1)
The Charmer (Dark Lands Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 19 May 2011
Everyone else has explained the book so I won't
If your looking for a strong women who has no problem standing up to her dominant lover then this is it. Light fantasy with enough action to keep you reading. A decent long book.

Just Like Old Times
Just Like Old Times

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother, 19 May 2011
only a couple of pages long.
the scruffy officer is captured and gives clues to where his friends sister is hidden. 2 min conversation at most. 1 year later the meet in london and have a drink and he says thank you. the end. Takes less than 3 mins to read.
Absolute rubbish.

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark 11)
Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark 11)
by Kresley Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic but not as good as her others., 7 Mar. 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book especially as I had been waiting so long for it. It's not her best book of the series but still finished it in two sittings.

Serengeti Heat: Serengeti Shifters, Book 1 (Shifting Dreams)
Serengeti Heat: Serengeti Shifters, Book 1 (Shifting Dreams)

5.0 out of 5 stars good book but very short, 1 Mar. 2011
I have just got a kindle and this was the first book i read. Love shifter books so this was fantastic. Only problem was that it seemed very short and I finished it within 2hrs.

Page: 1 | 2