Profile for Chester Beeput > Reviews

Content by Chester Beeput

Chester Beeput "cjbeeps" (Trinidad & Tobago)

Chocky - The Trilogy [DVD]
Chocky - The Trilogy [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Hazeldine

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!, 2 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Chocky - The Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
I first saw Chocky in 1984 and I was mesmerised! Recently, I read the book by John Wyndham and I got motivated to search for the DVDs. Needless to say, I purchased it immediately off this site. Sentimental value was the prime motivator in deciding to purchase this as I initially thought that as an older individual I'd not be as enthralled. I was wrong!! The series still has the ability to captivate me, even discounting the nostalgia factor. The Chocky series is so simply done, no special effects to speak of, yet the content grips you and you simply have to continue watching episode after episode.
Modern day producers of television shows would do well to take note of shows like Chocky.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2009 5:12 PM GMT

Lady Chatterley's Lover [VHS] [1981]
Lady Chatterley's Lover [VHS] [1981]
VHS
Offered by stephensmith_426

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful rendition of the D.H. Lawrence classic, 5 Jan. 2001
Sylvia Kristel is excellent as Constance Chatterley, the frustrated wife of a battle-scarred aristocrat. Her sensual nature and physical beauty are utilised more fully than in her Emmanuelle role. The love scenes with Nicholas Clay are very erotic yet tasteful. The English countryside setting lends a subtle enchantment to the story and indelibly etches certain images. The characters of Clifford Chatterley and Oliver Mellors are well cast. I am surprised that this movie is almost non-existent in the United States of America. A good representation of D.H. Lawrence's masterpiece. I did not award 5 stars because it is my opinion that novels by authors like David Herbert Lawrence are never fully captured in movies owing to the frequent soliloquy of characters.